• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Learning How to Sell

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to learn how to sell? Selling has to be one of my biggest weaknesses, but I find it to be a very important skill.
eh.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. Have a good product.

Alternatively,

2. Learn how to lie. You can develop this skill by lying to your friends and family on a regular basis. Start small, and then work your way up from there.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1up2down

Reaction score
"Selling" is easy, anyone can do it..!
"Closing" is the point of success.

When people tell me they can sell ice cubes to an Eskimo it makes me cringe. I'm not impressed. Find people who really need them and sell them to them...

another good book - 7 Habits

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what are u selling???

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
what are u selling???
Nothing in particular. I just find selling to be one of the most important skills in life. Everyone has to sell including people whose jobs don't involve sales. You still have to sell your services at job interviews, persuade your friends to do what you want to do, convince people about your ideas, etc.

1up2down

Reaction score
Really just three steps to successful sales...

1) PROSPECTING: Finding people who have a need for what you offer, and the ability ( The authority to make the decision and the money to proceed.) to buy.
2) SELLING: Explaining how what you are offering is the best solution to their needs.
3) CLOSING: The ability to ASK for a commitment.

By putting yourself in a position to help others with their needs and the ability to provide solutions to their problems is the first step. Then the selling process is just becoming comfortable in your own skin to be confident enough to truly believe this. Have a true desire to help others is the biggest part of selling success. Then the ability to get others to see that you can do it.

Then you need to be able to ask them to let you be the person to do it for them.

No matter what anyone says, the best way to succeed is to truly care about the other person. Put their interests first. No gimmics or strategies...

I work for a company that charges an average of $25,000 more for a week of training than our closest competitor. Believe me gimmicks aren't going to work on these people. The majority of the industry comes to us for their training despite this cost difference. They know we are going to take care of them..! They trust us... We truly put their interests in first place.

It is also the best way to hit a home run at job interview too...

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key to successful selling is ability to read people...you either have it or not. If you do, practise your Always Be Closing principle. When those come together, selling starts flowing naturally and effortlessly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads