• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leanness and style

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ew gross fat people. I'm still trying to knock my 30" waist to a more reasonable 28" or so.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
ew gross fat people. I'm still trying to knock my 30" waist to a more reasonable 28" or so.

A 28? At what height? I'm at 30 at 5'10 and happy :p
But to each their own.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
what if my waist is 33"? Am I allowed to wear clothes then, or do I still have to remain naked until I lose another inch? It's 50s and raining here you know, did you even think of that? And I don't even see what's so special about his shirt anyway.

I prefer you naked.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
A 28? At what height? I'm at 30 at 5'10 and happy :p
But to each their own.

I was being sarcastic (though in retrospect it was not clear)... Same height.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
fat people are gross.

fat people cause global warming. they use more resources, drive bigger cars, release a lot of methane which is a greenhouse gas. think about the rising costs of healthcare. fat people. obesity is a huge ******* burden on our country. plain and simple. its a ******* disease epidemic. if you are fat, the pharmaceutical companies and food companies are profiting off your suffering. they want you to be fat.

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
...There once wasn't fashion.

And now there is. Evolution at work.
teacha.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My brother is 6'6" and has a 30" waist. His drop is 14 inches (he has relatively broad shoulders). It's ridiculous, he never works out, doesn't smoke, and is 35 yrs old. I think I could snap his calf in two with my bare hands.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 32" Levis versus 34" Paul Stewart [sic]/APC thing was one of the more odd comments/comparisons I've read. Thank you for that.

SoulPatcher

Reaction score
Nothing looks sloppier than being skinny-fat, by that I mean you're not muscular nor fat, but you're rockin' that little pudgy gut thats putting you 2 waist sizes up.

Fat men are proportional and doomed to the land of chocolate.
Muscleheads are never going to be the athletes they appear to be because the world is crackin' down on performance enhancement.
Skinny boys will always attract those girls that like skinny boys.
Lean, fit guys will always rule the night.

But whats going on with the skinny-fats?!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
We call that "over-fat" because they aren't obese by BMI or outwardly overweight, they're just... pathetic sacks of skin. NTTAWWT.

Opcn

Reaction score
Being strong (muscle head) may not help get all that many women, but being strong enought to lift them in to bed with ease really seems to help in keeping them; I've never picked up a girl and put her in to bed without her flipping out about how much she likes it, although I am a muscular build so their may be a sampling error issue.

Janshi

Reaction score
I think over-muscly types are scary. Completely marvel at their physical prowess but...well...scary.
All for skinny and lean but that's because I'm skinny and working up to being lean
wink.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lean, toned muscles and a small belly and a tight butt. Yes, that's why I practise Bikram yoga everyday 7 days a week. I love what it does to my body. I still have my 30 inch waist. Thanks to the yoga!

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tthornell
A guy with a 32 inch waist looks better in a pair of 501s and a well fitting hanes T than a guy with a 34 inch waist looks
You cannot generalize like this. It's all about having a proportionate body. A man needs ample thighs and nice butt to look good in hanes and 501s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads