1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

lean philosophy.

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by slycedbred, Jul 18, 2011.

1. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

you end up being in the c-suite by being really good at working with the system that's in place.

you end up being in the c-suite of a company that destroys the older companies by being new, innovative, and daring

honestly, our hospitals are a fucking mess for a reason. and it sure as fuck isn't because of the future.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I work in a manufacturing industry and the GM is really big on lean manufacturing/six sigma/kaizen & gemba thing.

I have no clue how the hospital sector is run so I can't compare.

Unique concept though.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Actually, you end up in the c-suite by being a young hot shot...and out growing it.

I also like your last line. Very Obama-ish. Did we win the future? :laugh:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

You end up in the C-suit by starting your own firm.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

That's another way. It's also often a very good case study for Founder's Syndrome, and to successfully over come this, once again the young hot shot has to outgrow being the young hot shot.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

What's the first thing an investment company does after buying a start-up with a good new product? Gets rid of the founder.

RIM is failing because the initial inventors won't let go of their baby.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

This is also not age dependent as regards outgrowing things. I'm watching a local company crumble because their 60-something founder can't stop being the young hot shot that started the company. It's like a case study as I watch him favour old time employees over new ones, being the locus of almost all decision making no matter how minor, and having zero succession planning. It's really pretty sad.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Lean is fantastic, but unfortunately very few people truly understand what lean is. Lean can easily be applied to areas beyond manufacturing - services, R&D, etc. There have actually already been very successful implementations of lean systems at major hospitals and health care companies and almost every kind of organization that you can imagine.

However, is it easy to implement? Is it easy to get people to go along with it? Is it easy to find experts and champions who know what they are doing? Absolutely not.