• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

DeBonneFacture_Team

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m kind of in love with the hiking trousers! They are wonderfully high rise and roomy in the seat and legs while still looking sharp. I especially love the heavy English twill you used, and thank you for not prewashing them! I like them so much that I bought two pairs. Now, I just need to find them in other colors.

Thanks a lot! A pleasure to know you're enjoying them!

There will be new versions of our hiking trousers coming soon for Spring Summer 23 :)

DeBonneFacture_Team

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

DeBonneFacture_Team

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have some news for you to welcome the weekend :)

First, our Spring Summer 2023 lookbook is out: https://debonnefacture.fr/blogs/lookbook/edition-20

Feel free to give us your feedback and feeling about this new upcoming collection :)

Expect first drop by the end of the month!

Here are some excerpts from the lookbook:

Attachments

• 7 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook8.jpg
    7 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook8.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 12 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook13.jpg
    12 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook13.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 8 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook9.jpg
    8 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook9.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 10 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook11.jpg
    10 - De Bonne Facture - Edition 20 - Spring Summer 2023 - Stories - Lookbook11.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

DeBonneFacture_Team

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Second, I (David) did a shoot a few days ago in Paris, presenting four seasonal silhouettes and wearing several pieces of our exclusive Alpine capsule: https://debonnefacture.fr/collections/alpine

The result is here:

Some extra pictures attached :)

Have a nice weekend!

Attachments

• LOOK2.2.png
    LOOK2.2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 9.png
    9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • LOOK4.6.png
    LOOK4.6.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 188
  • LOOK1.1.png
    LOOK1.1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 205

Behethan

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First, our Spring Summer 2023 lookbook is out: https://debonnefacture.fr/blogs/lookbook/edition-20

Feel free to give us your feedback and feeling about this new upcoming collection :)

Looks amazing, especially love the plum and dark olive overshirts and trousers! The faded denim ones are enticing too.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Great edition! ❤️❤️❤️
Love the matching trousers/overshirts, reminds of some of Stoffas outfits. Amazing! Also love the denim looks.
As you asked for some feedback, I am not a fan of 100% linen (not there yet), but I know you are. So I know it’s me, but I really long for some set ups (suit or shirt/trouser) in a cotton/linen blend fabric. However you got the wool/linen mix so it’s fine! 😀
Another thing is the lapels of the jackets could be wider, from my point of view.
However, really looking forward to spring!

DeBonneFacture_Team

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks amazing, especially love the plum and dark olive overshirts and trousers! The faded denim ones are enticing too.

Thanks a lot!

Great edition! ❤️❤️❤️
Love the matching trousers/overshirts, reminds of some of Stoffas outfits. Amazing! Also love the denim looks.
As you asked for some feedback, I am not a fan of 100% linen (not there yet), but I know you are. So I know it’s me, but I really long for some set ups (suit or shirt/trouser) in a cotton/linen blend fabric. However you got the wool/linen mix so it’s fine! 😀
Another thing is the lapels of the jackets could be wider, from my point of view.
However, really looking forward to spring!

Appreciate the feedback :)
There are quite a few pieces made of 100% linen but this collection also features other fabrics like cotton and wool, including blend, as you mentioned!

I think this is interesting. Lapel width is around 7, 7.5cm (2.75 / 3 inches).
I understand some people like them wider, but I believe it here fits the vibe of the jacket, that is quite casual (patch pockets, unstructured, no padding on the shoulders). Wider lapel calls for a more "sartorial" approach, which is not exactly what we do!

The honeycomb polo and grandad trousers immediately jumped out to me, as well as the Prussian blue. I love that polo.

The honeycomb polo is super super great. The aspect of the knit is quite unique, and very comfy to wear.
This prussian blue is something! Different from other shades of blue but still easy to wear and pair.

Is there a matching pair of pants (not drawstring) for the traveler in seersucker?

Prussian blue is also really good

The traveler in seersucker can be matched with the drawstring trousers or one pleat bermuda (that is not drawstring).
For a wool suit featuring pants and no drawstring, it's gonna be the super soft cold wool traveler jacket matching the 2 pleat trousers!

Grandad trousers look great, and I love that plum color.

Thanks!

The plum linen is great. I'm also drawn to the Atelier coat.

@DeBonneFacture_Team could you tell us a bit about the inspirations behind this collection?

I'll be able to provide more info on this in the next few days :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads