• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind telling me what the leg opening is on these?

Per Greg's comment to my question on this, it was 8.4 inches on the 50 (and guessing pretty much the same on 48s). If I hemmed the inseam to no break they'd like a little wide for my taste, but I'm leaving them long and letting them pool for now. Also, I'm 5'9 -being taller will get you more length-to-width ratio, if that makes sense.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, we are pleased to announce the launch of our first Online Archive Sale tomorrow, February 8 at 10:00 am CET Paris Time debonnefacture.fr Previously only available by invitation at 63 Rue Sedaine, 75011 Paris.

A selection of pieces from our previous editions and prototypes on sale exclusively online for one week only.

Ends on Tuesday 15 February at 23:59 CET, Paris time.

here to get your access
or

Please note that no returns or exchanges will not be possible.

Last edited:

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello guys! I have taken into consideration your concern about the schedule following the launch of the Archive Sale. For that reason, I have kept 20 additional pieces that are not yet online and I will release them at 4 PM CET Paris time. Take care, Nicolas.

P.S: Please note that our Winter Sales end today at 5 PM Paris time. Shop here

Reminder: All Archive sales are final. No exchanges and returns.

trg12

Reaction score
Hello guys! I have taken into consideration your concern about the schedule following the launch of the Archive Sale. For that reason, I have kept 20 additional pieces that are not yet online and I will release them at 4 PM CET Paris time. Take care, Nicolas.

Will you merge orders for customers who ordered something this morning and find something else at 4?

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Just want to preface this post by saying, I am new to this brand and just slowly getting into it and am in love with the story/fabrics/sustainability/color and just ordered a handful of things from Fall. But from what i've experienced so far, I'm a bit thrown off by the fits.

Plaid Explorer shirt, size medium. This fits near perfect, if even a bit on the loose side, which I like. Arms are relatively slim when compared to the body but nothing crazy. Overall love this piece.

Brown corduroy shirt, size large. This fits almost identical to the explorer shirt in a medium. Which is kind of odd. The arms seem a bit more forgiving but only by a small margin.

Quilted jacket, size medium. Love the fabric and the color. Fit is generous in the body but the sleeves are very slim. Almost too slim to fit a sweater underneath it, which is unfortunate. There's also a weird QC issue with the shoulder seam being stitched on and puffing outwards instead of being flush.

Navy corduroy blazer, size medium. Again, love the fabric here as it's a nice and substantial corduroy but the fit is just weird. Generous in the body/chest but the arms are cut so slim it constricts movement and there's no way to layer anything other than a thin shirt underneath. The proportions of this piece just seem to contradict each other as it's both too slim and too big.

Easy pants in brown corduroy, size 48. HUGE waist. I think the measurement on my pair is 17" and that is just laying flat. It's almost as if the elastic does nothing.

I'm normally a medium/48 in tops and 32 in bottoms and not particularly built or anything. 6'2" and 170lbs. So, pretty thin actually and I was surprised by how small and big some of the fits were and that was sometimes seen in the same item. Chest/body fits seemed very generous while the arm holes were cut higher and the arms tailored for those with very skinny arms (which, I thought I actually qualified for that).

I'll definitely keep checking stuff out from the brand but I hope I have some better luck in sizing in the future.

Interesting to read this!
I can agree to some extent. Actually I've experienced the armhole-issue, that is they've been to low. At my relaxed sports flannel jacket from aw 19 (?) I would say they are perfect. But in the tropical suit jacket from SS20 (I think, or maybe 19) they are lower. I've interpreted this matter as an ambition to create a relaxed look. I haven't experienced the arm being too small. Knits are perfect, so are pants, I believe.

Strumbeck

Reaction score

Saw on Instagram there’s going to be an archive sale next week https://debonnefacture.fr/collections/archive-sale

GAAAH Today's hardest decision was not buying any of these amazing cotton suits. They're my size but I just realized I need one or two cm longer jackets than 73 cm to cover ******. Damn!
So happy though that I got a new chance to buy the squared japanese cotton shirt that I regret I didn't put my hands on a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4n8C8Mo.gif

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the word guys, I didn't read Nicolas' post carefully enough, and didn't realise there would be more stuff released. Went round again and picked up a couple of pairs of pants and a lovely beige merino rollneck.

1644339624070.png

Herders_Gulch

Reaction score
This lookbook landed at the best (worst) possible time. It’s been over 80 degrees this week in SoCal, and I am ready for all the of linen.

7CD411CE-0DBE-4883-89D2-1E215713C926.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics