• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a grandad coat in size 48 if anyone wants to let go of theirs

true.to.size

Reaction score
Anyone interested in the ivory Montagne Noire shawl collar cardigan in size small? NWT. It seems like they only made one or two in each size. I would be looking to get back the retail price or I'd rather keep it.

Was going to return it to Mr. Porter but missed the window. Would also consider trading for a M. Please PM if interested.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the ivory Montagne Noire shawl collar cardigan in size small? NWT. It seems like they only made one or two in each size. I would be looking to get back the retail price or I'd rather keep it.

Was going to return it to Mr. Porter but missed the window. Would also consider trading for a M. Please PM if interested.
its a beautiful knit!

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone gotten the corduroy blazer from this season? I think the look is absolutely marvellous. Corduroy suits can be tricky in my opinion, but I believe they should look just like that. However I am a bit doubtful about how they feel to wear. I have a couple of DBF heavy wale cord work jackets and shirts. Love the fabric but does it really work as a blazer? Or is it too heavy?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone gotten the corduroy blazer from this season? I think the look is absolutely marvellous. Corduroy suits can be tricky in my opinion, but I believe they should look just like that. However I am a bit doubtful about how they feel to wear. I have a couple of DBF heavy wale cord work jackets and shirts. Love the fabric but does it really work as a blazer? Or is it too heavy?

My dark olive corduroy blazer (Casual Jacket) arrived a few days ago. I haven't worn corduroy in probably 20 years so I don't have much of a frame of reference, but this feels like a very heavy cotton. There's lots of room to layer underneath, and I will be wearing this as a blazer (even with a tie and square), and likely as a transition outerwear piece during spring and fall. I did not purchase the matching Easy Trousers, as I'm not sure that a full corduroy suit would work for me. I'll post pictures soon.

Last edited:

Strumbeck

Reaction score
My dark olive corduroy blazer (Casual Jacket) arrived a few days ago. I haven't worn corduroy in probably 20 years so I don't have much of a frame of reference, but this is feels like a very heavy cotton. There's lots of room to layer underneath, and I will be wearing this as a blazer (even with a tie and square), and likely as a transition outerwear piece during spring and fall. I did not purchase the matching Easy Trousers, as I'm not sure that a full corduroy suit would work for me. I'll post pictures soon.

Thanks! Is it your first DBF cord piece? The quality is absolutely excellent. For me it’s the whole suit or nothing. But I haven’t converted to the waistband style yet, so not sure about the trousers. (This might be my first pair.)

I had a follow up question, took in i chat, hope you don’t mind.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The FW 22 lookbook is up in Instagram stories!

Excited about more Cardigan Jackets -
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.13.49 AM.png

Intrigued by this sweater -
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.14.22 AM.png

Wow!
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.13.12 AM.png

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Yeah the collection looks great. Color pallet and styling are both nice. The contrast colors on the button up and pants pockets are fun

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm accustomed to receiving emails from retailers with a cursory, "did you forget something in your cart?"

De Bonne Facture ecommerce site takes this up a level:

"Dear Mr. patrick_b,

I hope you are doing well.

I am Zied, Customer Service Officer at De Bonne Facture.

I have noticed that you are interested in our dark brown wide wale corduroy Easy trousers, in size 52.

This piece is an essential of the De Bonne Facture wardrobe. It is made of a thick corduroy weaved in Austria and made by a specialized atelier located in Châtillon-sur-Indre, France.

Do you need more information regarding this piece ?

Please note that the shipping is express (1-2 days in Europe, 1-4 days in America) and free of charge and I will personally take care of your order.

Don’t hesitate to complete your cart, until this piece is available on our eshop.

Kind regards,

Zied"

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new olive corduroy Casual Jacket fit. Also wearing undyed Hiking Trousers (not sure which season). Both are quite heavy weight, perfect for the near-freezing temperatures here in the Washington DC area.

DBF Olive Corduroy_Drakes Square_IM Limestone Tunic_DBF Hiking Undyed.jpg
DBF Olive Corduroy_Drakes Square_IM Limestone Tunic.jpg
DBF Olive Corduroy_DBF Hiking Undyed_G&G Burnham Oak.jpg

Strumbeck

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads