• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

superpotato

Reaction score
@Nicolas DBF I remember seeing a long sleeve version of the fleece jacket (beige if I remember correctly) on your instagram stories, did that jacket get produced?

maxbayuk

Reaction score
Bit disappointed, looks like I missed out on the larger sizes I need for all of the items I was interested in on both sites, even with checking an hour or two before the planned release time. Hoping there's a way to pre-order some of these pieces or something similar in the future

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The taupe moleskin you’re using for the quilted work jacket this year is different from the taupe moleskin used for the overshirt and 2-pleat pants that I bought from you last year, right? Or is the difference—namely that this year’s appears much lighter than last year’s—simply due to how the product is lit and shot? I prefer the darker (browner) taupe, so wasn’t immediately drawn to this year’s more yellow-y hue, but do love your work jacket, so a quilted one wouldn’t go amiss.

Also, quick PSA: for anyone else who might be interested in these, the main website is currently offering 30% off on the three versions of the quilted work jacket in stock - the code is QUILTING. Please buy these and remove the temptation.

true.to.size

Reaction score
The montagne noir jacquard shawl-collar cardigan showed up today. I got the small—medium would have been my preference, but it seemed to sell out instantly (I think I bought mine like 10 minutes after the collection went live). It is quite nice but I still think I would prefer the medium. So, shot in the dark... Any chance the person who got the M is on here and also looking to switch sizes?

Or, @Nicolas DBF, is there any plan to send a restock of these (particularly an M) to Mr. Porter? Thanks!

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the dark olive trousers with belt loops (a k a the traditional pant, not waistband) somewhere in Europe? I've found the balloon variation in a store in Japan only...

And can someone tell what sizes are available from this shop, 46 and something more? :)

Last edited:

Jay.C

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
@Nicolas DBF
Sorry, I'm new here, not sure how to tag people correctly.
Anyways, the DBF cardigan jacket collab with Division Road is a hit for me. However, the size chart is somewhat confusing when I compared it to the similar product in DBF official site. What size would you recommend for a 44" chest athlet built? I'm 180 cm, 95 kg. Most of my US brand jackets are XL or US44. EU brands may upsize to EU56.

I'd use this cardigan jacket as a casual jacket or over another shorter jacket as a outer layer. Would the size 52 on DR work for me? Or I should go for the size 54 on DBF official site?

Thanks
Jay.C

Edit: The Division Road link for ref

Last edited:

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyways, the DBF cardigan jacket collab with Division Road is a hit for me. However, the size chart is somewhat confusing when I compared it to the similar product in DBF official site. What size would you recommend for a 44" chest athlet built? I'm 180 cm, 95 kg. Most of my US brand jackets are XL or US44. EU brands may upsize to EU56.

I'd use this cardigan jacket as a casual jacket or over another shorter jacket as a outer layer. Would the size 52 on DR work for me? Or I should go for the size 54 on DBF official site?

Thanks
Jay.C

to tag a user, use @ symbol, e.g. "@Jay.C" --> @Jay.C

Strumbeck

Reaction score
@Nicolas DBF

Thanks
Jay.C

Jay,
This may not be an answer but my exoerience is that Division Road in general recommends smaller sizes since they, i guess, prefer a tighter look. I would go for the official sites notes if you’d like a more relaxed look.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, I was just searching for something on the DBF website and noticed that the shawl cardigan, which I believe is part of the "Montagne Noire" release, came up with the search. If you type in the word "Montagne" into the search field, you get the full release, which seems to already be up. Unfortunately, it looks as if 50 in both the fleece and shawl cardigan have already sold through. Only the size 48 remains in both. Will extra stock be added there?

(And apologies if I'm giving the game away on these being already available on the website, although the out of stock items make me think a lot of people must already have beaten me to this. Let me know if you'd like me to delete this post!)

hi @zenosparadox I will be able to answer you by Wednesday as we are currently working on a possible restock of these two shawl cardigans. Would a pre-order with a delivery in mid-December be acceptable to you ?

Please let me know which sizes you are interested in and in which cardigan, so I can pass the information on to the production team beforehand.

Best, Nicolas

@Nicolas DBF

Thanks
Jay.C

The montagne noir jacquard shawl-collar cardigan showed up today. I got the small—medium would have been my preference, but it seemed to sell out instantly (I think I bought mine like 10 minutes after the collection went live). It is quite nice but I still think I would prefer the medium. So, shot in the dark... Any chance the person who got the M is on here and also looking to switch sizes?

Or, @Nicolas DBF, is there any plan to send a restock of these (particularly an M) to Mr. Porter? Thanks!

hi @329667 I hope you have been able to make progress on your request. We are currently working on reassorting our cardigans, I have no official confirmation but as indicated in my previous comment, I'll let you know by Wednesday. best, Nicolas

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi @zenosparadox I will be able to answer you by Wednesday as we are currently working on a possible restock of these two shawl cardigans. Would a pre-order with a delivery in mid-December be acceptable to you ?

Please let me know which sizes you are interested in and in which cardigan, so I can pass the information on to the production team beforehand.

Best, Nicolas

hi @329667 I hope you have been able to make progress on your request. We are currently working on reassorting our cardigans, I have no official confirmation but as indicated in my previous comment, I'll let you know by Wednesday. best, Nicolas

Hello @Nicolas DBF, will you be restocking the Montagne Noire sherpa vest, in particular a size 46, or even a 44 - I think my wife would like this. (This is sort of a cardigan ;) )

Attachments

• de-bonne-facture-sherpa-vest-local-french-wool-camel4.jpeg
    de-bonne-facture-sherpa-vest-local-french-wool-camel4.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 66

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads