• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

superpotato

Reaction score
That sherpa jacket and cardigan??. Are they 100% wool?

Also, will you guys be restocking the Pecora Nera sweater? Other online retailers doesn't seem to have the darker color version.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d pop in to give some major kudos to the DBF team.

I ordered the Percora Nera sweater. Killer piece but it does fit slim. Was able to work getting the next size up and return my TTS.

KILLER sweater. Can’t wait for cooler weather.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my percora nera in the mail and echo the sentiment. It’s beautiful but too slim. I got an xxl so sizing up isn’t an option.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d pop in to give some major kudos to the DBF team.

I ordered the Percora Nera sweater. Killer piece but it does fit slim. Was able to work getting the next size up and return my TTS.

KILLER sweater. Can’t wait for cooler weather.
Did you go L or XL? I'm trying to decide

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you go L or XL? I'm trying to decide

Im usually a US 42, EU 52/Large in most things. I tried the large. It was ok. But just a bit snug around the midsection, if you catch my drift. Returned and was able to grab an XL. It fits much better on me.

maxbayuk

Reaction score
I’m curious what kind of temperatures the shearling vest would be appropriate for. Any insights @Nicolas DBF or anyone else here with experience wearing something similar?

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m curious what kind of temperatures the shearling vest would be appropriate for. Any insights @Nicolas DBF or anyone else here with experience wearing something similar?

Dear @maxbayuk Our Shearling vest is ideal as a layering piece for mid-season over a light knit. As for winter, it will keep you warm under a coat or a vest ! This sherpa vest is made out of an exceptional local wool fleece from Arles merino wool breeds, France.

I just received my percora nera in the mail and echo the sentiment. It’s beautiful but too slim. I got an xxl so sizing up isn’t an option.

Dear @JayDotz Thank you for your comment. I am glad to inform you that we have taken your request into consideration. We have just added two XXL sizes for our Pecora Nera. Available now on https://debonnefacture.fr/products/crewneck-knit-pecora-nera-wool-undyed-wool

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
debonnefacture-montagnenoire-gif.gif

MONTAGNE NOIRE
Now available exclusively in our store De Bonne Facture 63 rue Sedaine, 75011 Paris
Online launch at the end of October on mrporter.com and on debonnefacture.fr

De Bonne Facture introduces « Montagne Noire », a French heritage capsule collection exclusive to Mr Porter inspired by the folk culture of the Black Mountain region in the South West of France, specialized in heritage breeds of sheep and the local craftsmanship of wool.

The capsule blends mountain-wear inspirations with contemporary fits, introducing sherpa jackets, chunky knits, paneled workwear, and signature embroidered fleece. We collaborated closely with the local weaver « Le Passe Trame », expressing local folk art motifs, made with artisanal and natural undyed wools.

For years, De Bonne Facture has been committed to reviving this local industry through being one of the founding members of the Tricolor Collective, bringing together shepherds, breeders, spinning mills, weavers and creatives, to revive the local wool industry.

SEE THE FULL EDITORIAL

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These two knits might be the items to break my De Bonne Facture cherry...

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.38.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.38.39 AM.png

@Nicolas DBF, will all the Montagne Noire items be available on DBF's website, or will Mr. Porter have a few exclusives?

lalilulelo1122

Reaction score
Had the pecora nera sweater delivered yesterday from Cultizm. Shocked how soft it is. Was on the fence between the taupe sold by NMWA / Cultizm and the darker undyed brown on DBFs shop. Don’t think I would have been upset either way.

I went TTS as I’m usually a Small with other knitwear like Inis Meain and happy with the fit. Now I’m just waiting for the weather to get colder.
D341883C-BE04-4EE9-9714-D8BC28222B1B.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the pecora nera sweater delivered yesterday from Cultizm. Shocked how soft it is. Was on the fence between the taupe sold by NMWA / Cultizm and the darker undyed brown on DBFs shop. Don’t think I would have been upset either way.

I went TTS as I’m usually a Small with other knitwear like Inis Meain and happy with the fit. Now I’m just waiting for the weather to get colder.
View attachment 1681353

Looks great on you !

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
I'm fairly unfamiliar with the brand. Are the belts on the models also from DBF? If so, are they coming back?
1633636146098.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads