• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Grabbed this! Looking forward to seeing it. And wearing it

Just to double check sizing, these run true to size? If I am pretty standard large in other brands (US 42/EU52) go with large?
Yes, indeed. If needed, we have free returns and exchanges via DHL express. :)

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nicolas - are you guys willing to do an additional order of that cardigan jacket?

Hi @Newcomer , I will check with the atelier but I think so! Can you tell me what size you are interested in? I'll need an answer by tomorrow morning (Paris Time) if possible :) From 46 to 50

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Ebony wool fabric used for the Grandad Coat in the lookbook is ?

Already have 3 DBF raglan coats but every season the fabrics are so gorgeous.
Thank you @Nicolas DBF
It’s more the cardigan jacket silhouette that I’m interested in than the fabric/pattern.
And unfortunately, I missed the other colour as well.
So will there not be any stockists that will have either of these colors of the cardigan jacket in a 52 or 50?

@OccultaVexillum @Newcomer I have just relaunched the cardigan jacket for pre-order! You have once again the opportunity to purchase the following sizes: 46, 48, or 50 until tomorrow at 12 pm (Paris Time).

Shop -> https://debonnefacture.fr/products/cardigan-jacket-wool-cloth-tweed-brown-checks

Bien à vous,

Nciolas

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

jaaz16

Reaction score
I cannot express in words how much I adore my Pecora Nera sweater from last season. I don't know if I need two, but I encourage everyone interested to give it a shot.

How did you end up feeling about the sizing? (I came across your post from last fall on the NMWA thread when you considered sizing up). I'm eyeing this really hard this season and we're close to the same size, and I'm wondering if you got any additional slouch with wear.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up sticking tts. I would have liked a bit more slouchy chest but didn’t want the extra length because I’m not very tall. It isn’t tight by any means but I wear a lot of 18 East and would love a sweater with a drop shoulder / loungey fit in this wool. I still swear it all the time, just not with my looser cargos.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you make the painter’s shirt smaller in the chest this season? I typically take a 52, but the measurements for both releases of the shirt on your website show the chest as 22”, whereas previous versions (or at least the linen versions from this past S/S season) had chest measurements over 24” for the same size.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I saw them in brown or green somewhere but I can’t find them now. Maybe I imagined it.
Fwiw I find off white pants incredibly easy to wear and this is a very very nice shade of cream

Amilio

Reaction score
I believe there may be a corduroy version, at least there was one in the lookbook.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
DeBonneFacture-New-pieces.gif

Hello, the third selection "Growth" is now online! Shop at www.debonnefacture.fr
Take care, Nicolas

-----​

Was the ballon pants made in any other material other than the white cotton twill? Love the shape but can’t pull off white pants…

Hello @asaa1000 The balloon trousers are only available in one color this season. We take note of your color request :)

Did you make the painter’s shirt smaller in the chest this season? I typically take a 52, but the measurements for both releases of the shirt on your website show the chest as 22”, whereas previous versions (or at least the linen versions from this past S/S season) had chest measurements over 24” for the same size.

Hello @zenosparadox Not particularly! I think it must be due to the linen material which is a natural material, which can cause a movement of the fabric. I suggest you try the same size. Returns and returns are free.

I believe there may be a corduroy version, at least there was one in the lookbook.

Hello @Amilio We do have a pair of balloon trousers in the corduroy lookbook but we won't be stocking them on debonnefacture.fr However, we just launched our first olive corduroy "Easy trousers" of this season today.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

brothersprout

Reaction score
The new Montagne Noire collection looks so good! I'm always looking for nice undyed woolen pieces to add to my collection. Any previews of some of the pieces? I understand they only release online later this month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads