• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NOVESTA x DE BONNE FACTURE - EARLY ACCESS

Hi guys! One day before the official launch, I'm happy to give you exclusive access to our new collaboration with Novesta: The Linen Star Master sneakers ?:)

Here is the link -> De Bonne Facture x Novesta

This season, we have collaborated with Novesta in order to create a linen version of their iconic Star Master style.

Introduced in the 1950’s, the Star Master is still made today in a factory located in the small town of Partizánske in the heart of Slovakia that dates back from the 1930’s. Thanks to its clean design, it quickly became a true European classic.

Each pair is handcrafted from the finest natural rubber and fabric. For this collaboration, we chose to develop the Star Master using "Masters of Linen" certified Belgian linen canvas for the upper. This locally grown fabric is eco-friendly and stands out by its ancestral know-how. As for the characteristic vulcanized sole, it is made out of natural rubber. Each pair comes with two sets of linen laces, a white one and two-tone natural and white one. Its lightness and refined design make it an essential for spring and summer.

Best, Nicolas!
NOVESTAXDEBONNEFACTURE_03.jpg

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
hi @Nicolas DBF , is there a release date for the fw collection? will there be a look book like previous seasons?
Hello! The FW21 pre-collection will be online at the end of August. Then launch of the main collection FW21 with 4 drops from September 2021

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up two more of this season's pieces recently and I'm not entirely certain about either. Took a couple quick pics in search of feedback. Love the feel of this linen, as always, but am iffy on the color. Love the color of the voile shirt, but am more iffy about the fabric. It's nice and light, but feels almost fragile because of this. And I'm thinking I may want to size up on both. All that said, I still quite like both pieces, and this would be my tts, so wondering if sizing up is necessary in this case.
IMG_1993.JPG
IMG_2014.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up two more of this season's pieces recently and I'm not entirely certain about either. Took a couple quick pics in search of feedback. Love the feel of this linen, as always, but am iffy on the color. Love the color of the voile shirt, but am more iffy about the fabric. It's nice and light, but feels almost fragile because of this. And I'm thinking I may want to size up on both. All that said, I still quite like both pieces, and this would be my tts, so wondering if sizing up is necessary in this case.
View attachment 1622648 View attachment 1622649 View attachment 1622650

I usually judge shirts and shirt jackets by the shoulder, and want to ensure there's enough room around the mid section if you get me. Looking at your pics, there is no need to size up.

I can't help with your appreciation of the color, but I get a lot of wear out of my Painter's jacket..

jaaz16

Reaction score
I have that painter's jacket and love love love it. I sized up mostly because the back was a bit tight on me, and I wanted a slight drop shoulder. As a result, it's a bit long in the sleeves (I roll up 3 times, which because of the fabric looks totally normal). I will say that after a cold wash and air dry it did shorten up a bit. I think the size looks just right on you.

In terms of color, I think it's really nice for a refined, but laidback summer look. Looks great with all sorts of greens, whites, and navy. I'm less into how it looks with the red in your pic.

0A9327EC-4C89-4955-A3B8-C4280B5D9E70.jpeg BF97E012-D4FF-4938-8497-C4FE40ADBD1D.jpeg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually judge shirts and shirt jackets by the shoulder, and want to ensure there's enough room around the mid section if you get me. Looking at your pics, there is no need to size up.

I can't help with your appreciation of the color, but I get a lot of wear out of my Painter's jacket..
I have that painter's jacket and love love love it. I sized up mostly because the back was a bit tight on me, and I wanted a slight drop shoulder. As a result, it's a bit long in the sleeves (I roll up 3 times, which because of the fabric looks totally normal). I will say that after a cold wash and air dry it did shorten up a bit. I think the size looks just right on you.

In terms of color, I think it's really nice for a refined, but laidback summer look. Looks great with all sorts of greens, whites, and navy. I'm less into how it looks with the red in your pic.

Many thanks to both of you, and I think you're both spot on with your feedback. This does fit well, I think--especially in the shoulders--and that's the reason for my hesitation, as I think I wanted it to fit closer to @jaaz16's size up. It just has all the right casual summer vibes that way. But the size up is sold out, so I'll have to decide based on the tts fit. (And you're definitely correct about the red shorts - that's just what I happened to have on before bed last night. Looks particularly good with the navy!) Thanks again!

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@zenosparadox what size did you take and is that your TTS?
The painter jacket is a 52 and the open collar shirt is an XL. Both of those are pretty TTS for me, both for DBF and similar brands, but I’m like 20 lbs heavier than I should be right now, so a slightly strained TTS at the moment. For comparison, last year I purchased a 50 in the painter jacket that fit great at the time. Put it in the closet and was excited to wear it all summer this year, but just had to sell it because I didn’t think there was any chance of that working. Not sure about this one. If I was sure I would stay at this weight, I’d probably look for a size up, but the weight has begun to come off now that I’m moving more, so maybe this jacket will express some optimism in that regard.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the grampa cardigan is a soo good. I'd love to hear the inspo behind that one, like what they based it off etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads