• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

trg12

Reaction score
I'm a bit lost regarding sandal sizing. Can someone with a really good fit in the la botte gardiane sandals kindly share their Alden, Brannock, Tricker's or Viberg sizes? Thank you!

Tried on a pair in the meantime. Replying to myself for future reference: 9.5D Brannock, 9D Alden Barrie, and a Euro 42 is a good fit.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have this fantastic corduroy work jacket from aw 19 in navy, size 50, and finding it a bit too tight for me. Is there anybody out there having a 52 finding that one slightly too big and would like to trade?
Best
Erik
907A864C-BF72-4570-9A17-DDD4EBFE19ED.png

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello guys! I'm glad to share with you the video of the Spring Summer 2021 collection. I hope you will like it! Best, Nicolas

"The times we are going through has led me to reflect on the deep meaning of our work. At the heart of our approach, we aim to promote a sustainable, radical approach of local textile industries, from the plant to the garment. Following my encounter with cultivators and scutchers in May, this photo series was shot in the world of linen, in the North of France. Our weavers are a stone's throw away, on the other side of the border, in Belgium, illustrating that the pools of textile know-how are regional and belong to climates, beyond the national borders in which they are sometimes confined."
- Déborah Sitbon Neuberg

Last edited:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, while I'm here, and if no one objects, I figured I'd also advertise these cinnamon leather DBF sandals from NMWA (size 45) that I have for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254954849287?hash=item3b5c7e4407:g:RqEAAOSwAPFghH2e

Worn once, found them too big (I'm between sizes and had sized up) so ordered another pair in the half size down. Amazing sandals.

Discounted price for SF members of course!

And please don't hesitate to object to this posting--especially the fine folk from DBF--if you find it at all out of bounds.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
@sood, I picked up one of the new camp collar shirts as well, the dark burgundy linen one. Think it will become a summer go-to.
I'm very impressed with the linen fabric, curious to hear your take on the crumpled cotton voile if you care to share.

1620586267189.png

1620586285870.png

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sood, I picked up one of the new camp collar shirts as well, the dark burgundy linen one. Think it will become a summer go-to.
I'm very impressed with the linen fabric, curious to hear your take on the crumpled cotton voile if you care to share.

Is this the XS?

I really like the fabric and a flattering cut and Deborah told me that it's a special fabric from Japan!

I've a feeling it'll age nicely and an additional benefit is you don't have to iron it if you wash and hang!

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Wasnt me who snatched the XS, I wear a medium.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Nicolas DBF I have a random question. Does DBF prewash their fabrics these days? I ask because I have had both an essential shirt and a pair of cotton wide leg trousers shrink to be too short after their first wash, which was cold and hang dry. I'm pretty wary of washing my other DBF clothes at this point.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Nicolas DBF I have a random question. Does DBF prewash their fabrics these days? I ask because I have had both an essential shirt and a pair of cotton wide leg trousers shrink to be too short after their first wash, which was cold and hang dry. I'm pretty wary of washing my other DBF clothes at this point.
I'm curious about this as well. I've had my eye on a shirt but the arms are probably borderline as it is so I'm hesitant.
@Nicolas DBF do you know how much shrinkage is expected with the cotton voile?

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious about this as well. I've had my eye on a shirt but the arms are probably borderline as it is so I'm hesitant.
@Nicolas DBF do you know how much shrinkage is expected with the cotton voile?

Dear @k.nights and @zissou sorry for my late reply.
All of our fabrics are sanforized and most of them are pre-washed to ensure minimum shrinkage. However, a bit of shrinkage can still happen after wash. To mitigate this, please make sure to follow our washing instructions, and note that steaming and ironing can help relax the fibers and help the garment regain its proper form and length. I hope this helps and I remain at your disposal for any further information regarding our products. :) Best, Nicolas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads