• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

dkboze

Reaction score
I just used KoreanBuddy to proxy something, and it was smooth. Granted, I haven’t received the item yet.
did not know about that, thank you!

I think Mr. P carried that, maybe wait for their sale and check it when they start adding stock from previous seasons.

good idea

dkboze

Reaction score
Y’all were not kidding about how soft that pecora nera is. @dkboze did you already order xxl? I’m a large and got an XL in the sweater. It fits well. I think I could gone to xxl for nice slouch in the chest and torso, but I’d worry about it being a tad long in the body.
just came in, crazy soft and perfect in chest and shoulders but no kidding about it being long in the body. it's doubling up and poofing out. might have to hope an XL comes back somewhere

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys! Here is our latest article "Textures" about "Mulesing-free merino wool"
"Mulesing is a cruel practice towards animals that consists of cutting the flesh around the sheep's bottom, without any use of anesthetics, in order to prevent the spread of parasites. This skin removal is a widespread practice in merino sheep farming, especially in Australia.." Read more
Take care. Nicolas

TheVirt

Reaction score
Some pics I got from a little shoot my friends and I did. Hopefully these pics give a better sense of the Grandad coat in motion and how well the belt plays into gathering the volume in the back to nail that relaxed elegant vibe. It's the best I can do to convey the nature of it online, and I think the work that the team at DBF does deserves recognition. I'm not at all sponsored – I just like to promote good, hard work when I see it.

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_9106.jpg

IMG_9109.jpg

Alobi

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum Unfortunately, due to the sanitary context, we had to cancel some references, and sadly, our padded quilted jacket is one of them. You won't be able to purchase it this season.
Please let me know if you need anything! Always happy to help!
Best, Nicolas

Such a shame! I've had my eye on that quilted jacket for months... it's so wonderful. I love the relaxed aesthetic (especially the collar) much more than what e.g. Barbour or Filson have to offer.

Can anyone recommend an alternative retailer with a similar quilted jacket?

FW20-LOOKBOOK_DEBONNEFACTURE_1.jpg

deborah_dbf

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! Following your numerous comments, we are studying our fitting on larger sizes. Could those of you who size an American L kindly give us your chest measurement ? If you are an American XL or XXL would love to know your chest measurement too. It would greatly help us ! If any of you have your full measurements you can send them to me [email protected]. Warmly, Deborah

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! Following your numerous comments, we are studying our fitting on larger sizes. Could those of you who size an American L kindly give us your chest measurement ? If you are an American XL or XXL would love to know your chest measurement too. It would greatly help us ! If any of you have your full measurements you can send them to me [email protected]. Warmly, Deborah

Deborah,

I typically take a Large/50 in DBF (reference points: "Essential" Linen Shirt; One-Pleat Cord Pants; Pecora Nera Sweater; Grandad Coat; Parisian Mac; Painter Jacket; Cord Easy Pants; and Linen Herringbone Easy Pants).

I am 5'11", 175-185 lbs (depending on how much pasta I've been eating/red wine I've been drinking), and between a 39" and 40.5" chest. I am broad shouldered for my size. Also, 34" waist (pants), 35" sleeve (shirt), and about a 30-32" inseam (pants), depending on my desired break (by reference, I did not hem the easy pants from this season).

I have mentioned this elsewhere, but I find your garments to be on the slim side of TTS. I typically take an L in other brands - although I can jump down to a medium from time to time.

Newc.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am currently between an L and XL and have a 43" chest and am 6'2".
When i was a solid XL i was 44.5" chest.
The size 52 grandad coat fits me very well, as do the oversized linen shirts from a few seasons ago in a 42.
I found the XL in the corduroy essential shirt too small and went up to a XXL, and found the XXL in the merino mock neck from last winter to be too tight to be wearable.

I really love the DBF brand, it just makes me hesitant to buy internationally when i'm not confident what will fit me.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am glad to offer you a 15% discount on our Heavy wale corduroy Teddy jacket exclusively for the Styleforum community! The code is: STYLEFORUM15 - available until Sunday evening.

This piece is made by Atelier Masla, a specialized workshop located in Paris. It is composed of thick cotton corduroy and wool ribbed waist, and it presents real horn buttons, two patch pockets with flaps (hidden buttoning), and two piped inside pockets.

Here is the photo taken by our friend, Philip, wearing the Olive corduroy teddy jacket:
View attachment 1503542
Feel free to contact me for more informations,
Have a good day!
Nicolas

Did anybody take advantage of this when it was offered?
I completely forgot about it until today, somehow.
But if anybody got one please share your thoughts.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am currently between an L and XL and have a 43" chest and am 6'2".
When i was a solid XL i was 44.5" chest.
The size 52 grandad coat fits me very well, as do the oversized linen shirts from a few seasons ago in a 42.
I found the XL in the corduroy essential shirt too small and went up to a XXL, and found the XXL in the merino mock neck from last winter to be too tight to be wearable.

I really love the DBF brand, it just makes me hesitant to buy internationally when i'm not confident what will fit me.

I guess I should mention - I found the linen essential shirt and the linen herringbone easy pants to be smaller than a typical large. I still took the same size, but they are noticeably slimmer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics