• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am glad to offer you a 15% discount on our Heavy wale corduroy Teddy jacket exclusively for the Styleforum community! The code is: STYLEFORUM15 - available until Sunday evening.

This piece is made by Atelier Masla, a specialized workshop located in Paris. It is composed of thick cotton corduroy and wool ribbed waist, and it presents real horn buttons, two patch pockets with flaps (hidden buttoning), and two piped inside pockets.

Here is the photo taken by our friend, Philip, wearing the Olive corduroy teddy jacket:
FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Feel free to contact me for more informations,
Have a good day!
Nicolas

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y’all were not kidding about how soft that pecora nera is. @dkboze did you already order xxl? I’m a large and got an XL in the sweater. It fits well. I think I could gone to xxl for nice slouch in the chest and torso, but I’d worry about it being a tad long in the body.

dkboze

Reaction score
Y’all were not kidding about how soft that pecora nera is. @dkboze did you already order xxl? I’m a large and got an XL in the sweater. It fits well. I think I could gone to xxl for nice slouch in the chest and torso, but I’d worry about it being a tad long in the body.
yeah, went xxl, coming next week, great to hear about slouch, hoping it's not too long. glad you like yours!

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Two questions:
- Does anyone know about the East Dane Size configuration system. I'm interested in the grandad trench coat size 50, and according to the site I should choose M (french 50). But in my experience M usually corresponds with french 48. Anyone have an idea?
- What is the tax when shipping (the same coat) from US to Sweden/EU?
Best, Erik

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Add it to your cart. East Dane ships duties pre paid so it will calculate the duties etc at checkout for you.
As for sizing, yeah ime 48=Medium.
I took a 52 in the grandadcoat and I’m a typical XL (probably on the slim side of XL these days) and love the fit.

this was immediately out of the box and just over what I was wearing.
B003CDA2-5409-4C36-A697-66C611AFAC82.jpeg

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Thanks! Just want to make sure, are all taxes prepaid? According to swedish customs they will charge me extra 25% tax. (I’m waiting for East Dane customer service to reply).

BTW coat looks awesum.

Add it to your cart. East Dane ships duties pre paid so it will calculate the duties etc at checkout for you.
As for sizing, yeah ime 48=Medium.
I took a 52 in the grandadcoat and I’m a typical XL (probably on the slim side of XL these days) and love the fit.

this was immediately out of the box and just over what I was wearing.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you get extra taxes. I’m in Australia so it might be different. But maybe East Dane has info posted.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you! alas, almost but not quite the same shirt. looking for the explorer one with two flap chest pockets. someone here has one, considering that, and found one from store in Korea but can't figure out yet how to buy from the store
I just used KoreanBuddy to proxy something, and it was smooth. Granted, I haven’t received the item yet.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you! alas, almost but not quite the same shirt. looking for the explorer one with two flap chest pockets. someone here has one, considering that, and found one from store in Korea but can't figure out yet how to buy from the store

I think Mr. P carried that, maybe wait for their sale and check it when they start adding stock from previous seasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads