• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can confirm the Grandad coat is amazing. Easily the most I've spent on a garment so far but my god do I love it so much. My one issue with it is that I'm on the shorter side so the length hits me more around mid-shin than just below the knee – anyone think I should shorten it, or keep it as is?

Depending on the material, you can always try pinning the coat up from the hem. Meaning, fold the hem and use safety pins to pin the coat to the length you're thinking about getting. Then wear the coat and see how you feel about the look. If it helps, you can use tailor's chalk to get an even hemline, although careful folding will also do.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can confirm the Grandad coat is amazing. Easily the most I've spent on a garment so far but my god do I love it so much. My one issue with it is that I'm on the shorter side so the length hits me more around mid-shin than just below the knee – anyone think I should shorten it, or keep it as is?
Just hem it

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just grow

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which coat? Anyone have pics?
1600217116283.jpeg

TheVirt

Reaction score
@TheVirt how tall are you?
5' 8" with decent shoes on lmao

Depending on the material, you can always try pinning the coat up from the hem. Meaning, fold the hem and use safety pins to pin the coat to the length you're thinking about getting. Then wear the coat and see how you feel about the look. If it helps, you can use tailor's chalk to get an even hemline, although careful folding will also do.
That's an idea, I'll give it a try and see how it works. Thanks!

just grow
I'll just have someone pull on my legs super hard that'll definitely do it

@TheVirt you have the camel alpaca? Or a past season?
F/W18's navy wool, nice spongy/lofty fabric
1600218460994.png

true.to.size

Reaction score
And will it be available in other fabrics this season? If so, any previews of those? I love the camel but it seems like it adds close to 1k to the overall cost, so it would be great to weigh the options...

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Definitely keep it as it is!

Strumbeck

Reaction score
@De Bonne Facture @DBF Gerald

are you taking pre orders on that alpaca grandad coat?

And can anybody give me tips on how to size these blazers?
I’m typically an XL, but have issues with casual blazers because of narrow, sloping shoulders. I’m thinking of sizing down in this to a 50. Bad idea?

I have that blazer. I'm usually 50 in dBF work jackets but 48 in the relaxed flannel blazer from aw19. 48 in this blazer was perfect for me for an overzised look. It is quite big over the neck, as the relaxed jacket is, and I had that done at my local tailor.
I'm usually 48 in Cornelliani blazers but 52 in Lardini and Barena (It's a jungle). I don't know if this helps, but still...

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably got taken down bc they are not an affiliate vendor. Might have to pm them on ig or email?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to post here just so it's easy for them to get a count of who's serious about a pre-order.

I AM

So that's one. Just show me where to send my money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads