• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm tempted by that houndstooth zip jacket on Mr. P...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Think I'm just gonna have to write this brand off after years of trying to like it.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Put a size 41 nep chambray shirt up for sale in the classifieds. It's a beautiful fabric.

Attachments

• DBF_3.jpg
    DBF_3.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 473

DBF Gerald

Reaction score
whatup y'all!

Déborah and I were having some good convo recently and thought it would be great to hear more from the SF community. So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc etc., we'd love to hear them and we'll post Déborah's answers here. Maybe we'll record the convo and upload it or have a back-and-forth situation in the forums. Either way, hit me with any De Bonne Facture questions you have by this Sunday 1/26!

As a starter... I asked Déborah if there's a particular style that she loves but doesn't wear herself. Her answer was in the range of Lizzo and early Moschino, if you can believe that haha.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing it?
man/woman show
whatup y'all!

Déborah and I were having some good convo recently and thought it would be great to hear more from the SF community. So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc etc., we'd love to hear them and we'll post Déborah's answers here. Maybe we'll record the convo and upload it or have a back-and-forth situation in the forums. Either way, hit me with any De Bonne Facture questions you have by this Sunday 1/26!

As a starter... I asked Déborah if there's a particular style that she loves but doesn't wear herself. Her answer was in the range of Lizzo and early Moschino, if you can believe that haha.

I went to man/woman today. The fall line is looking lovely. The outerwear is crazy

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to man/woman today. The fall line is looking lovely. The outerwear is crazy

Welp, time to save some $$$.... any way you can share some deets?

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
hit me with any De Bonne Facture questions you have by this Sunday 1/26!
Gerald, a couple questions - 1) I have a good handful of the 1-pleat and 2-pleat trousers in wool. Can these be handwashed in cold water?, 2) how about french seaming the entire trouser instead of just the top block?.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@DBF Gerald ill add some comments/questions.
A lot of the bigger sizes (XL-XXL) don’t really seem like they’re graded with enough difference. A rise on most 52 trousers is still under 10”, and the pit to pit on most XXL is still about 44”. Both of those means that I really struggle with fitting a lot of DBF, even though I love the style and the few things I have been able to get a good fit are some of my favorite things.
Is this something that’s a conscious decision to maintain a specific look?
the coats seem to be graded well, but it just seems that most pants and shirts and sweaters always fit very very slim.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, time to save some $$$.... any way you can share some deets?
I didn't take any pics sadly...was talking to Deborah. They had some great Harris Tweed pieces...one in a Houndstooth overcoat...another in a Harrington style. They had the softest, most beautiful leather shearling that I've seen. I have a shearling from them from a couple of years ago that is beautiful, but this one was another level. They also have the same style shearling in a vest. I hope she takes them to production.

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
the coats seem to be graded well, but it just seems that most pants and shirts and sweaters always fit very very slim.

I wear a 46 in the trousers and find the cut to be on the mark for that size. The 1 pleats are inherently slimmer than the 2 pleat, but still with room in the top block and comfortable, and the 2 pleats i find to have a very generous cut. I can appreciate though your standpoint if the pant doesn't really grade up according to the marked size but for the 46 imo the sizing is on the money.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy a pair of gardian boots? I grabbed a 43 and 44 and can’t figure out my sizing. The 43 fits tight across the instep and a tad tight in the forefoot. The 44 fits well all over but has slight heel slip. I usually wear a 43, but am leaning toward the size 44. Anyone else have a similar experience?

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After wearing for about 30 mins in the house, the 44 is definitely the right call. If anyone orders a pair from la botte gardiane, size up one from your usual European sizing.

The sizing chart on their website is accurate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads