• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

DBF Gerald

Reaction score
I own this sweater- I'd say it's more of a dull ochre, the DBF product shot is accurate. In person the color is excellent, as well as everything about it. One of my favorite pickups this season.

@zissou I'd agree with @jmiller123 on this one . In terms of temperature, the colors are pretty accurate to the photos overall. I do find East Dane's photos to be a little more washed out than other sites in general. So, it's not like... dull-dull, but not supersaturated, if that makes sense.

DBF Gerald

Reaction score
Whatup y'all, anyone listen to Parcels?? we just launched a new section on the site called 'Worn By' and shot some photos of our friend Anatole Serret, a musician for the band. Hoping to get some more homies and interesting people for the new series to photograph and tell interesting stories.

Included some of the pics below (shot by Edward Rivera), but you can check out the rest of 'em here. What music is everyone listening to right now?? I'm always hunting for new stuff. Currently listening to the new Duster album...

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listing to the new Kaytranada, Danny Brown and Queen and Slim soundtrack

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fwiw I ordered that honey mock neck sweater off East Dane and the XXL fits like a slim La..

the colour is really nice and it’s fairly light weight. Sizing just doesn’t seem to ever work out for me with DBF.

I’m returning it today unless somebody here wants it first, it was under $200 iirc

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, the shoulders and chest on her knitwear are always tiny

true.to.size

Reaction score
I have a size 48 olive green linen blazer and just wanted to check to see here if there is any interest here before adding it online elsewhere. Here is a quick picture in mediocre lighting. I can post measurements and better pics soon if there is interest. Looking for $150 obo (includes shipping to US).

20191223_211845.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some nice sale prices at MrP and Matches right now. I picked up a couple essential shirts at half off from MrP (really 35% off, which is still good).
64A7A1FD-1A46-486F-B9AA-F4B066AFA5A5.jpeg

3D94C131-975F-4B39-A49A-F11400D72213.jpeg

rodgers12

Reaction score
Tried copping, but the price jumped from $150 to $180 for no reason when I tried to go to my cart & check out

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Relaxed Jacket off the Mr Porter sale. The recycled wool is super-soft, as advertised. Might have the sleeves shortened just a tad but otherwise perfect.

Some cool shots of it here:

L1450174.jpeg

Amilio

Reaction score
How accurate are Mr Porter's sizing suggestions are on the shirts? Seems kind of strange they recommend to size up, I found them to run TTS mostly; the model is wearing size 40 on a 38" chest...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 39” chest and can wear a 39 just fine. I prefer a 40, though, if I’m not planning on wearing the shirt under a sweater. Finding the right size also depends on shoulder width and arm length. DBF shirts seem to be fairly accommodating to both.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm still terrified of this stuff not fitting I won't order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads