• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Kalmia

Reaction score
I am Canadian and I have ordered directly from DBF in France. Unfortunately the Canadian taxes and duties are very high on any items purchased in the European Union. Canadian Border Services has an online calculator for the additional costs. You can find here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Do keep in mind that if you purchase from outside the EU you don't pay the VAT tax though, so the list price will be lower than what is listed on the DBF website I believe.

cheers F

Amilio

Reaction score
It's hard to escape taxes but you shouldn't be paying any duties ordering to Canada from the EU on EU made products, which DBF is. From my experience with Canadian retailers, products are often much more expensive than purchasing directly from a European maker, even if you do pay the shipping and taxes yourself. My two cents is: order from DBF you won't get better service or price from any Canadian retailers. The only case for a Canadian distributor may be the ability to get refunds back in full without the hassle of going back to customs for the taxes.

superpotato

Reaction score
I live in Toronto and only had to pay the provincial tax (plus $20 dhl fee) when ordering directly from DBF

true.to.size

Reaction score
@Nicolas DBF two questions:
1. When do you expect the Montagne Noire collection to go on sale?
2. Is the khaki wide-wale corduroy this season the same fabric as last season? (I think it may have been called "gold" last season, so perhaps it is a slightly different shade?)
TY!

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. Is the khaki wide-wale corduroy this season the same fabric as last season? (I think it may have been called "gold" last season, so perhaps it is a slightly different shade?)
TY!
Also very interested in the answers to both of these questions, and had been intending to ask you the second question myself - I bought the "gold" easy pants last season and wanted to know whether this season's work jacket would make something of a matching suit.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone have the one pleated olive corduroy pants från aw 18 for sale? Size 50.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
TY!

Hi, I'm happy to let you know that the "Montagne Noire" capsule will be launched on Friday 12nd. I will let you know the exact launch day in the next few days. Also, last year's dark olive wide-wale corduroy is the same as this season, which was called "Olive". Best, Nicolas.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So… Will anyone on the U.S. East Coast be setting his/her alarm for 2am this Friday?

FFC24AAF-6980-4792-AA0E-F4DD1200DE92.jpeg

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Hi, I'm happy to let you know that the "Montagne Noire" capsule will be launched on Friday 12nd. I will let you know the exact launch day in the next few days. Also, last year's dark olive wide-wale corduroy is the same as this season, which was called "Olive". Best, Nicolas.
Thank you Nicolas!

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Division Road has an exclusive? cardigan jacket

RuffyD

Reaction score
The brown check (size 46 and 52) and taupe checks (54) are both on the website

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dammit i want that taupe so bad.
I'm assuming if I'm a 52 in the Grandad coat and Parisian Mac then the 54 in the cardigan jacket might be a bit big though.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MONTAGNE NOIRE
Hello everyone! The official launch of "Montagne Noire" is only 2 days away! We will be releasing this exclusive capsule with Mr Porter at 8am CET on Friday 12th November.

PRE-ORDER - EBONY GRANDAD TRENCH COAT
I'm happy to share with you that we are launching a new (and last) pre-order for our Ebony Grandad Trench coat.
Delivery starts on December 1st. Sizes 44, 46, 48, 50, and 52 are now available for order.
Shop →

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I was just searching for something on the DBF website and noticed that the shawl cardigan, which I believe is part of the "Montagne Noire" release, came up with the search. If you type in the word "Montagne" into the search field, you get the full release, which seems to already be up. Unfortunately, it looks as if 50 in both the fleece and shawl cardigan have already sold through. Only the size 48 remains in both. Will extra stock be added there?

(And apologies if I'm giving the game away on these being already available on the website, although the out of stock items make me think a lot of people must already have beaten me to this. Let me know if you'd like me to delete this post!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads