• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Nicolas DBF Is the cardigan jacket in taupe going to be available anywhere in a 52?

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicolas DBF Is the cardigan jacket in taupe going to be available anywhere in a 52?

Hello @OccultaVexillum !
Unfortunately, we have run out of fabric to produce more of this cardigan.
However, I can suggest this alternative which is in the same fabric and the same pattern but in a painter’s jacket version:
Painter's jacket - Fine wool crepe - Taupe checks - De Bonne Facture1.jpg

----

Also due to high demand, we have decided to launch few pieces of our cardigan jackets in brown checks.
Delivery end of September

Only for the Styleforum Community, here is the exclusive link to buy it before the official launch (very limited quantities):

cardigan-jacket-wool-cloth-tweed-brown-checks1.jpg

I remain at your disposal.

Best,

Nicolas

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello @OccultaVexillum !
However, I can suggest this alternative which is in the same fabric and the same pattern but in a painter’s jacket version:
View attachment 1665350

----

Also due to high demand, we have decided to launch few pieces of our cardigan jackets in brown checks.

Only for the Styleforum Community, here is the exclusive link to buy it before the official launch (very limited quantities):

View attachment 1665368

Best,

Nicolas
Hi Nicholas, no chance of a 52 in the brown checks either? I’d definitely be down for buying one if it was available. Thanks!

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Nicholas, no chance of a 52 in the brown checks either? I’d definitely be down for buying one if it was available. Thanks!

No 52 unfortunately, but the fit is oversized. I suggest you try the size 50 instead (free express exchange & returns if needed) :)

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No 52 unfortunately, but the fit is oversized. I suggest you try the size 50 instead (free express exchange & returns if needed) :)
Great, thank you. I had forgotten you had free returns, so I think I will probably try it to see if I can make it work. Will you have any stockists (besides Mr. Porter) for either the taupe or brown checks in size 50 or above?

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot express in words how much I adore my Pecora Nera sweater from last season. I don't know if I need two, but I encourage everyone interested to give it a shot.

superpotato

Reaction score
I cannot express in words how much I adore my Pecora Nera sweater from last season. I don't know if I need two, but I encourage everyone interested to give it a shot.
well, it's a darker brown compared to the previous season, so purchase justified lol

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello @OccultaVexillum !
View attachment 1665350

----

View attachment 1665368

Best,

Nicolas

Nicolas - are you guys willing to do an additional order of that cardigan jacket?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello @OccultaVexillum !
View attachment 1665350

----

View attachment 1665368

Best,

Nicolas

Thank you @Nicolas DBF
It’s more the cardigan jacket silhouette that I’m interested in than the fabric/pattern.
And unfortunately I missed the other colour as well.
So will there not be any stockists that will have either of these colours of the cardigan jacket in a 52 or 50?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads