• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

slows2k

Reaction score
@slows2k, the dreaded pull-ups are your friend!
Dreading the prospect of the other “pull-ups” even more, as I age,
Since covid started and gyms closed I switched to doing gymnastics rings, so at some point I'll have the traps needed to fill it out a little bit. Those male gymnasts have huge upper bodies.

Now if the sun would just go away for a little while I could actually wear the coat out... I've always envied East Coast winters.

TheVirt

Reaction score
@slows2k coat looks really good! I'm glad I was able to help you out. Have fun playing around with the belt in different configurations and figuring out how many different ways it works for you. It's honestly such an easy to coat to just throw on top of everything, but I will say a long coat makes storage when you're out of the house a little difficult sometimes haha

slows2k

Reaction score
@slows2k coat looks really good! I'm glad I was able to help you out. Have fun playing around with the belt in different configurations and figuring out how many different ways it works for you. It's honestly such an easy to coat to just throw on top of everything, but I will say a long coat makes storage when you're out of the house a little difficult sometimes haha
Yeah seeing someone shorter in it helped me feel more comfortable pulling the trigger. This kind of thing is an investment for me, and not an easy one to make. But having done so I am extremely happy with it. I'm letting it hang in the closet open for now so the weight helps ease the creases on the lapel. I think @Newcomer pointed this out back earlier in this thread. I'm not sure why the lapel is creased so high up. But it's coming along now. And yeah, storage while out, especially on the west coast where no one wears coats anymore, can be really difficult.

If I needed to hang up a fleece I'm sure I could find accommodation, but actual outerwear is a different story!

TheVirt

Reaction score
could just be a result of packaging for sure. I bought mine in person at Kai D. so it wasn't packaged tightly in box. a bit of steam might speed it up too

driving glove

Reaction score
I like the new Christian Kimber casual jacket but like the DBF16 golf jacket even better. Very nice summer looks in general.

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

Nicolas DBF

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up @Nicolas DBF . Love the elegant simplicity.
Curious if you can share a GSM rating for this knit vest to help me gauge the thickness.
Hello, the knit vest is around 80g. I'm glad you like our new collection SS21 :)

Amilio

Reaction score
I'm also curious about the jewelry used in the lookbook, especially the necklaces. Any plans for a collab? Or recommendations on an artisan?

iboon99

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking for sizing advice on the cord or moleskin trousers from FW. Would a size 46 fit a 30 waist? Comparing measurements with my other pants, these seem to have quite a large waist, although maybe this is because of a higher rise?
Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.