• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

driving glove

Reaction score
I am a new convert, just picked up the GrandDad coat, which looks to be a modern take on the wrap coat. Really like the fabric choices in general, which I think I won't tire of.

ucla bruin

Reaction score
I thought that may be the case except East Dane doesn't mention Pecora and DbF doesn't mention Loro Piana.
I picked up the medium that was in stock at East Dane and can confirm the DBF tag says Pecora Nera. Just in case the XL gets returned.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
If anyone has the Pecora Nera in an XL and feels like they would be happier with an L, hit me up and we can talk trade.

dkboze

Reaction score
If anyone has the Pecora Nera in an XL and feels like they would be happier with an L, hit me up and we can talk trade.
conversely, if anybody has an XL and feels like they would be happier with an XXL, same

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Was looking for thoughts on the jacket and also sizing guidance. Seems like a pretty straightforward piece. Trying to decide whether it is too vanilla, etc.
I’m a fan of the piece, although haven’t tried it on. Have been considering one of the corduroy teddys but share your concerns. I own versions of most dbf outerwear and have always found that tts 52 works. I’ve sized down a couple of times because no 52 was available and 50 has always also been fine, but would still prefer the 52.
Do you mind if I ask where the golf jacket is still available for purchase?

superpotato

Reaction score
I’m a fan of the piece, although haven’t tried it on. Have been considering one of the corduroy teddys but share your concerns. I own versions of most dbf outerwear and have always found that tts 52 works. I’ve sized down a couple of times because no 52 was available and 50 has always also been fine, but would still prefer the 52.
Do you mind if I ask where the golf jacket is still available for purchase?
Hi guys, I'm also looking for the tweed jacket from this season (size 48) and would really appreciate it if someone can tell me where it's still available

driving glove

Reaction score
I picked up the Harris tweed golf jacket and love it. I took a 52 (42") chest, and have room to layer a shetland sweater underneath but it is not too roomy with just a tee under it. Very nice cold colour palette for the winter months.

slows2k

Reaction score
After waffling quite a bit I decided to pull the trigger on the grandad coat from Kai D. @TheVirt showed me it could work on someone shorter like myself, so I decided to take the plunge. Should be here Monday and I’ll report back. I really hope it works out; it’s a gorgeous coat. Anyone have this seasons (non-camel) version? I haven’t seen many pics of it specifically in the ether.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads