• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear a 50 in Eidos too, and took a 50 in the coat. I don't see why you would want to size down on this one.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting some mixed messages about sizing and how oversized the fit is supposed to be. Hearing your experience really helps since I take the same size as you most of the time

dkboze

Reaction score
They're pretty true to size.
If you want a 'smart' sweater go TTS and if you want a chill sweater go one size up.
thanks. was afraid you'd say that. looks like XLs are sold out everywhere. would a xxl be too big you think?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. was afraid you'd say that. looks like XLs are sold out everywhere. would a xxl be too big you think?
https://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens...ks/pecora-nera-wool-sweater/30049528927136567 the NZ version of mr porter shows XL in stock.

if you are a TTS L, XXL probably is too big. But this sweater has a fairly strong waist so it won't just drape over ur ass like a girl wearing her boyfriend's jersey. You can definitely work around it like folding sleeves and the bottom of sweater in. If you have easy returns, try it for sure but if you're international like me and difficult to return I'd probably stay away.

dkboze

Reaction score
https://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens...ks/pecora-nera-wool-sweater/30049528927136567 the NZ version of mr porter shows XL in stock.

if you are a TTS L, XXL probably is too big. But this sweater has a fairly strong waist so it won't just drape over ur ass like a girl wearing her boyfriend's jersey. You can definitely work around it like folding sleeves and the bottom of sweater in. If you have easy returns, try it for sure but if you're international like me and difficult to return I'd probably stay away.

Yeah, I'm a TTS L across the board usually. Unfortunately in the US, so can't order from the NZ version. Don't mind folding sleeves though, so maybe I'll give the XXL a shot?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a TTS L across the board usually. Unfortunately in the US, so can't order from the NZ version. Don't mind folding sleeves though, so maybe I'll give the XXL a shot?
wouldn't hurt if you've got a safe return option to fall back on.

dkboze

Reaction score
wouldn't hurt if you've got a safe return option to fall back on.
yeah. size chart here seems identical, and goes up to xxl. 22.4 inch chest on xxl would be totally doable i think https://debonnefacture.fr/collections/knits/products/crewneck-knit-alpaca-wool-yarn-ecru

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how'd you go on it compared to normal?
achieved what I wanted to, which was a more slouchy relaxed fit. sleeves are a tiny bit long and if i stretch the sweater down to its full length it's quite long on the body but it naturally compresses so yea overall good. Going TTS would have been too close fit for what I wanted

whostosay

Reaction score
hi! looking to sell this seasons longsleeve knit polo in rust. size XL (fits TTS). absolutely gorgeous piece, but i need to move some things out of the closet. would love for it to go to a good home here before i resort to *other* sites. $350 SHIPPED OBO

View attachment 1485333

Hi! Looking to get this to a good home ASAP, and will take $250 SHIPPED...

dkboze

Reaction score
getting in DBF hard and trying to catch up . . . anybody have that mustard linen explorer shirt from ss20 they're not so into?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics