• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

rodgers12

Reaction score
For Sale:

DbF Houndstooth Jacket Size 48 NWT $200

47616EA9-2B82-4335-BBF4-AA8F912F5B66.jpeg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DBF at up to half off. I picked up another needlecord shirt. Love these shirts.

View attachment 1322381
Nvm, returned it.

@DBF Gerald did the shirt patterns change this year? I own several Essential shirts in 39 (slim) and 40 (regular), and all three shirts I've bought in medium this year are smaller than the 39 and too short in the sleeves.

javy

Reaction score
lots of pilling, especially the long horizontal line of pilled fabric on the back

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DBF just released EXTRA40 for extra 40% off sale. But, everything that was on sale is back to full price. :puzzled:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably an error, but who knows...

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may be intentional? Their end of season stuff has been gradually going off-sale for the last week now. As of a couple of days ago, the majority of the things that were on sale were no longer on sale. So, this wasn't overnight and didn't coincide with the new coupon. Perhaps this is just an across the board 40% off, which is a slight increase on some of the discounts (e.g. the alpaca sweaters, which were mostly around 30%), but less of a discount on a lot of the other items (outerwear).

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered (and subsequently returned) two of the slim fit button down shirts. I wear a 39 or 40 in the essential shirts, depending on how it want them to fit. The slim fit shirt in medium was even smaller than the essential shirt in 39. There was an odd bunching of fabric behind the shoulders because of the rear side pleats allowing extra fabric in combination with the sides of the body tapering hard to make the slim fit. I’m not a fan of the pattern at all.

I've recently had to return two shirts (a needlecord and one of the essential paper cloth shirts) because of this exact same issue. Apart from the weird bunching in the shoulders, the shirts fit well, which is even more unfortunate in some ways because it means that I haven't mis-sized, but that the current design ruins an otherwise perfectly fitting shirt. So there's really no way to buy DBF shirts right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads