• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LCD or LED 32" TV?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to renew my home tv, I would like a Sony 100 hertz 32".

Do you recommend me LCD or LED ?

Every seller tells me one thing,

Please help thanks.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be 32 inches? If it could be larger, it would greatly increase your potential options.

-LR

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Does it have to be 32 inches? If it could be larger, it would greatly increase your potential options.

-LR

It could be... But why do I need a larger one if all my life have been happy with a 25" one tube screen and before with B/W smaller ones?

Just asking

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I went from a 40 inch LCD to a 46 inch LED and its a million times nicer. do LED.

But nicer in therms of quality itself, or just nicer as the screen is bigger?

46" would be an overkill for my mainroom.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
But nicer in therms of quality itself, or just nicer as the screen is bigger?

46" would be an overkill for my mainroom.

quality. its much clearer than what I had and the overall picture looks much better. also it is much more sleek at 1.16 inches thick which is a plus.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LED looks remarkably better. More rich tones, not as bright/white as LCD can be. Looks more life like.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot of people say there is no difference between LED-LCD vs. LCD, I say they are wrong.
I love my Samsung 46" 120 hz LED-LCD, probably one of my best electronic purchase last year.

I also love how thin it is, I mounted it almost flush to my wall and that thing is a beauty.
I call it the panty- dropper.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pro's of getting an LED are that it has richer colors, it's thinner, and it consumes less energy. In your case, I would get the LCD, since it doesn't seem like you care too much to justify the price.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
^^^
what series is yours? I think mine is 7.

I think mine is 5 or maybe even 3. I really didn't see the difference between the series'.

discreteuniverse

Reaction score
It's important to note that "LED" TV's are just LCD TV's, but they use LED's for backlighting instead of CCFL bulbs. With that said, depending on how variable the light control is in the LED matrix, it may or may not render better color reproduction and blackness levels.

OLED TV's are going to be amazing. There are a couple models out at present, but I believe they're small and very expensive. Unlike LED backlit LCD TV's, OLED screens actually generate light in each pixel so they have near perfect blackness levels.

I would recommend buying something very economical for now, or just staying with what you already have, until OLED becomes more mainstream and affordable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads