• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LBM 1911 fit???

mkot78

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I want to buy a LBM 1911 blazer but i'm not sure how the fit is.... I usually wear size 42 in blazers like Massimo Dutti, J Crew, etc.

I have wide shoulders and a muscular build but i'm only 5"7

Any help would be great

Cheers!

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to email the guys at Haberdash about sizing, as they sell LBM. When in their store I tried on one of the jackets and remember them being fairly close fitting and not very long.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also a 42R at 5'7" with a mesomorphic build. I bought a 42R LBM 1911 jacket online that fit well in the body, though it was on the slim side. The length though was definitely (29") too short, it looked like a woman's jacket. I sent it back but would have kept it were it not so short.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, the 42R I bought fit well in the chest and shoulders though it was slim, that is just a feature of the brand. Like I said it was just too short for my personal taste. By sizing up to a 44R I think it still would have been too short for me. LBM jackets are cut slim and short, that's just their style. You may find you like that style after you try one on. There may also be differences in cuts between their different models of sports coats.

If you can get one from Yoox or Mr. Porter you can always return it if you don't like it, they have an easy return policy. I would say get your regular size as LBM fits true to size, they are just a more modern cut than a traditional cut.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've got two LBM sportcoats for sale if anyone is interested. Both in perfect condition. 52R

One is a navy blue cotton DB

The second is a cotton/lino glen plaid SB

Both very nice summer jackets. PM me for deets

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LBM has several fits. I think only one of them works for me. It makes it very hard for me to buy them on line.

bertie

Reaction score

No, the 42R I bought fit well in the chest and shoulders though it was slim, that is just a feature of the brand. Like I said it was just too short for my personal taste. By sizing up to a 44R I think it still would have been too short for me. LBM jackets are cut slim and short, that's just their style. You may find you like that style after you try one on. There may also be differences in cuts between their different models of sports coats.

If you can get one from Yoox or Mr. Porter you can always return it if you don't like it, they have an easy return policy. I would say get your regular size as LBM fits true to size, they are just a more modern cut than a traditional cut.

I second this. Also - they have working surgeon's cuffs and the larger size may have sleeves longer than you want/need and they are expensive to fix.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can you elaborate on what you know about the different fits?

I've been into two different stores that had a wide range of LBM. Anything I liked didn't fit in my size (too short or way too tight). Various models fit differently. There was one suit that fit very well. I have no idea what the model was.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a LBM navy flannel suit. I am a us34R with broad shoulder and chest (chest 37 and waist 27 , 5’9”). My lbm suit in it44(us34).The jacket fits good around the shoulder and chest. But I needed to take in waist a little bit. So I won’t say they are really slim. I think a slim us36S person would fit nicely on this us34 jacket. The suit jacket don’t have working cuff. The jacket and the sleeves are really short(I have long arms)- I could’ve used 3/4 inch of body and sleeve length.

Last edited:

JTA

Reaction score

I have a LBM navy flannel suit. I am a us34R with broad shoulder and chest (chest 37 and waist 27 , 5’9”). My lbm suit in it44(us34).The jacket fits good around the shoulder and chest. But I needed to take in waist a little bit. So I won’t say they are really slim. I think a slim us36S person would fit nicely on this us34 jacket. The suit jacket don’t have working cuff. The jacket and the sleeves are really short(I have long arms)- I could’ve used 3/4 inch of body and sleeve length.

I agree with your assessment. Found that in some areas LBM 1911 has similar fit to Boglioli K jacket, in a sense that they're fitted but not overly slim that you need to size up.
My actual chest is 36" with 29" waist and generally wear EU44 for both for a nice slim fit without the need to alter anything.

mkot78

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Lbm 1911 BOB jacket fits??

T.I.C.

Reaction score
I typically wear a 46 (IT) in Piombo. The fit is perfect in the shoulders, which is about 16" across from seam to seam, but the L.B.M. 1911 size 46 (IT) jackets that I have tried are all noticeably bigger, with the shoulders measuring about 17" across.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads