• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Layering Leather Jacket

MoHawkTshirt

Reaction score

I had just brought this leather jacket online for 300. (Got a 70 dollar discount!
)
I had never wore a leather jacket before but I know it is not warm enough for winter in NYC.
So Im going to have to layer the leather jacket up, but how should I layer it up stylishly.

Also I wear skinny jeans and pants, what kinds of boot would go well with skinnys..

Much thx

arlee

Reaction score
you need more than a leather jacket for nyc winters

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
If you are looking to be stylish you should return the jacket and buy one without a PUMA logo on it. Looks like a decent jacket but my eyes immediately zoomed into that logo and I can't help but think you paid (not saved) $70 for it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
IME it's hard to layer under a leather jacket since most leathers are cut to hit right below the beltline and depending on what you're wearing underneath there's bound to be shirt tails or sweater hems that extend below the jacket, giving an overall look of sloppy (which is fine if that's your thing). and esp that jacket's style....i think it looks best when you dont have any shirts or sweaters peeking out underneath when the jacket is done up

Leather jacket is great for cool weather, not cold weather

hamish5178

Reaction score
Long sleeve shirt/thermal--->Tucked in button down---> Short cut jacket of your choosing.

Voila, warm with no hems peaking out.

Hany

Reaction score
Get a thick wool cardigan. The jacket has to be one size bigger than your real size though.

mikejones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
If you are looking to be stylish you should return the jacket and buy one without a PUMA logo on it. Looks like a decent jacket but my eyes immediately zoomed into that logo and I can't help but think you paid (not saved) $70 for it.

Agreed. For not much more you could have gotten a world-class leather jacket form Gibson-Barnes.

Quality leather jackets generally don't have logos: i.e., Aero, Schott, Vanson, G&B, Lost Worlds, etc. I may have loved puma clydes in the late 70s, but that big logo is beyond tacky.

tatet

Reaction score
A cardigan under a leather jacket looks cool

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%