1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Law firm interviews

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by american-laywer, Jul 24, 2012.

1. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Senior member

Thanks. Suit is mid grey. Not dark, not light. Shirts are white or light blue, medium spread collar. Ties are Drakes/BB/J.Press burgundy or navy grenadine or navy/white dot or blue/red rep stripe. Shoes black or dark brown cap toe.

My one suit will get me through the callbacks and I'll pick up a decent Navy BB or I'll try a 38L Suit Supply before summer.

Thanks.

2. Americana

Americana Member

I am a young lawyer and went through this process. After school I did a clerkship, and then went through the interview process again to get my current job. I agree with what most folks have said, however it is also important you are confident. Whatever you wear, make sure you are comfortable in it and feel like you look good. I have found that personality and likeability goes a long way. That will only come through if you are confident in your look. Tom Ford refers to a suit as "armor" a man puts on in the morning to be ready for anything the days throws at him. I think that is a good attitude. (On a side note, Tom Ford would be way over the top for a law student on an interview for practical and style reasons).

I also find that firm culture can vary greatly between firms. I know some conservative old school firms here in South Carolina what only wear bar stripe ties and wear lots of navy blazers and grey pants like they have a BB account. At those firms a striped shirt would stand out like a nun at a strip club. Other firms, usually plaintiffs, will wear golf shirts in the office and only wear a suit to court. I think it is good advice to stay relatively conservative, but express yourself with your tie or shoes.

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Tip 1.When the inteviewer starts talking yell "Objection!"

Tip 2.When the interviewer finishes talking yell "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Tip3. Always start your response by hooking your thumbs in your braces (you must wear braces to the interview) and say "Now I'm not some big city loya..."

4. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Good one mate !
    :slayer:

5. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Senior member