• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

law and order: svu

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there was a black girl on this show that was detective munch's partner before ice t. does anyone know what the storyline was on why she left?

i saw the last episode she was in, but they didn't clarify why she was leaving, just that she didn't get along with the captain or something.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
she had sex with somebody who was a suspect, if I remember correctly. she was supposed to be taking too many risks.

PITAronin

Reaction score
I'm getting old and senile and some of the specifics of the story may be not quite accurate. But (help me out, anyone) isn't this the episode where all of the detectives have to spill their guts to the departmental shrink about the stresses that the job has caused them (Munch's failures with relationships, Stabler's wanting to unofficially run a few perps through the checkout counter, etc.) The particular detective in question had been through some sort of traumatic thing (partner being shot/car blowing up, something) and she confessed that she's gotten a little too heavily into self-destructive kinds of random hook-ups. Apparently she'd let herself get picked up at a bar and, on her way back to sleep with the guy realized that he was a prime suspect in a series of rapes (or some such) and she went anyway. The foreshadowing element of the story was along the lines of the shrink letting the captain know that one of the detectives had problems sufficiently serious that "they" (never want to let the audience know beforehand whether it's he or she) would need to be reassigned. Bottom line, though, is that she's the one who goes and she gets replaced by Tutuola.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
she had sex with somebody who was a suspect, if I remember correctly. she was supposed to be taking too many risks.

Suspected of sexual assault. He didn't do it though.

That this show gets better ratings than CI doesn't surprise me but does sadden me.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
This was very early in the series and they were doing some casting house cleaning. They also got rid of the kid who was Munch's nephew or something. He couldn't handle the job, etc.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the responses. now i can sleep at night.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
It's the in-between scenes noise they make on L&O.

Jon.

I believe technically it's
emotdoink7eu.gif

L&O is my favorite switch-off-the-brain viewing - someone's killed; witty quip by the detectives on the scene; titles; join the dots to the killer; some will-the-evidence-be-allowed legal maneuvering; and then either the bad guy gets jail time, or they're acquitted and then shot on the steps of the courthouse.

Like clockwork, and I can't look away.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SVU blows chunks. Weakest in the franchise.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the story line behind the disappearance of goran and eames?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
There are websites that keep track of story arcs and episode by episode rundowns. It might be worth it to add some to your favorites. This is how I catch up. I can try to dig up some of my old ones if you perfer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads