• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lattanzi in LA

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Where in LA can i find Silvano Lattanzi shoes. Having read so much about the maker, interested to see if the real thing can live up to expectations.
On his website he lists Barneys in BH as on of the retailers carrying his shoe, but Barneys does not carry Lattanzi.
Does Brioni still have there shoes made by Lattanzi?

Thanks

pkincy

Reaction score
Wow, my memory fails me, but I was on Rodeo Drive last week and ran into Lattanzi somewhere, but I forget where.

Lets see what I remember........The normal JL, Barker Black, Testoni, etc. at NM on Wilshire.

It may have been Barney's.

Artioli at Battaglia.

Yes, I do believe you are right that it was at the Brioni Shop.

Perry

johninla

Reaction score
Scott and Company, the one on Robertson, used to carry Lattanzi. I don't know if they still do. Barney's, to my knowledge, does not. however, next time you're in New York, Lattanzi has opened a store on Madison, in the 70's. It's small, but terrific. Actually, they had a store, very small, and have recently moved across the street to a slightly larger location. Hope this is helpful.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Do you mean Scott Hill on Robertson, never being to that store, but will try to head up there next weekend
Planning to check out Brioni too

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't somebody say Brioni in BH carries rebadged Lattanzis. The thing is, they are priced like a Volkswagen
laugh.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ACDoyle
Do you mean Scott Hill on Robertson, never being to that store, but will try to head up there next weekend
Planning to check out Brioni too

Don't bother. Although the store is still known as "Scott Hill," Hill himself lost the store a couple years back, and has no current affiliation (which is obvious in the character of the shop: where it formerly represented the height of artisan craftsmanship -- think Louis, Boston and Wilkes Bashford; it was where I bought my first Borrelli shirt and Mantellassi shoes, back around 1998-99 -- they now focus almost entirely on high end sportswear). I was recently told by one of the shoe guys at Neiman that Hill now has a shop in Sunset Plaza, where he's apparently taken up the cobbler's craft and is offering his own bespoke shoes.

By the way, Neiman has gone all out with the Lobb, Mantellassi and Barker Black lines. Impressive.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can find Lattanzi at the Brioni store on Rodeo.

There are both Scott & Co, as well as Scott Hill stores, but I'm not sure what they carry.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads