Latest internet puzzle/ logic game/ semantic headache meme... Paradoxical "multiple choice" question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bringusingoodale, Oct 27, 2011.

  1. bringusingoodale

    bringusingoodale Senior member

    Messages:
    1,491
    Likes Received:
    48
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Disputed Zone
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Ty_Webb

    Ty_Webb Senior member

    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    41
    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    I think it's E) None of the above
     
  3. GreenFrog

    GreenFrog Senior member

    Messages:
    14,236
    Likes Received:
    3,079
    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    Well, it would be 1/4.

    But, since 1/4 is an option twice, the answer is 2/4, or 50%.

    B)
     
  4. Ty_Webb

    Ty_Webb Senior member

    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    41
    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2010
    Location:
    NYC
    

    But you only have a 1/4 chance of hitting 50%, so it's not 50%, it's 25%, but you have two chances of hitting 25%, so it's 50%. Oh, wait! Um...
     
  5. GreenFrog

    GreenFrog Senior member

    Messages:
    14,236
    Likes Received:
    3,079
    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    

    lol exactly. the paradox goes through itself.
     
  6. NorCal

    NorCal Senior member

    Messages:
    8,420
    Likes Received:
    1,038
    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    

    yes.
     

Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by