1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Latest Edward Green's (pics)...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjl5000, Mar 6, 2008.

1. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

But I'm interested in the thought process that leads to ordering them with burgundy suede uppers.
    Think like a dandy, and it all makes sense.

2. speedster.8

speedster.8 Distinguished Member

Well, I guess it may be different for others but I like the idea of a contrast leg and the suede is comfortable around the ankle. What I really like is that the boot is a chameleon... under the drape of one's trouser leg, the boot appears to be little more than a shoe. It's colour and antiquing set it apart from the black oxford masses, but when I sit down, BANG! Those suede tops are killer [​IMG]
    I guess it would be the same as having RED or money-GREEN socks [​IMG] I have actually been thinking since I joined SF that a shoe like this would be nice: [​IMG] http://www.gazianogirling.com/kent.html Speed

3. khaki sack

khaki sack Senior Member

4. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Distinguished Member

What I really like is that the boot is a chameleon... under the drape of one's trouser leg, the boot appears to be little more than a shoe. It's colour and antiquing set it apart from the black oxford masses, but when I sit down, BANG! Those suede tops are killer [​IMG]

That's probably the only explanation that would make any sense to me.

5. speedster.8

6. jjl5000

jjl5000 Senior Member

I guess it would be the same as having RED or money-GREEN socks [​IMG]

I have actually been thinking since I joined SF that a shoe like this would be nice:
    [​IMG]

http://www.gazianogirling.com/kent.html

Speed

They certainly would. A firm favourite of mine from the new line up.

7. khaki sack

khaki sack Senior Member

8. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings

Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Most important: Step 13

Once our addiction has been taken away, we donate all our shoes to the members of this forum

9. maclovin

maclovin Senior Member

[​IMG]

I feel that the speed lacers have the same effect as Manton's buttons in that they lend a cheaper air to the shoes. However, I do not suggest modiffication like I did to Manton as these are not shoes that can be worn in a work or social environment, so you should enjoy them at home however you like.

10. jjl5000

jjl5000 Senior Member

Help me farther for I have sinned and will likely sin again [​IMG]

11. speedster.8

Not my cup of tea.
    You know, that is a good thing [​IMG] This world would become a boring place otherwise. Wear your choices with joy & pleasure. Speed

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I guess it would be the same as having RED or money-GREEN socks [​IMG] I have actually been thinking since I joined SF that a shoe like this would be nice: [​IMG] http://www.gazianogirling.com/kent.html Speed
    Well, at least with socks you don't have to wear the funny colored ones if you want to look like a regular human being. The pic you put up actually is pretty eyecatching and an interesting shoe. I don't like the last at all, but the combo works to my eye.

13. speedster.8

I think the first i saw was the one Panzer posted "Stuarts Choice".
    Delos and Dimiri have done them to I think.

As for G&G that leaves you with a MTO in one of four lasts ...

Is the "darkside" beckoning?

Speed

14. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

15. novqilin

novqilin Senior Member

I have to say the burgundy looks supreme
    good job!