• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late night snacks

calvin1663

Reaction score
whatever's in the kitchen...I just ate/drank
about five handfuls of peanuts
two glasses of milk
a box of kashi crackers
something else I don't remember...it's now 12:30, time to start my homework that's due tomorrow!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It wasn't that late, but at around 10 PM I had:

Turkey, American, lettuce, tomato, oil & vinegar on a wheat sub roll
Chocolate brownie

Mmmm.

Englandmj7

Reaction score

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Hefeweizen.
Like drinking bread.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I have gotten big on making ore-ida hash browns around 11 2-3 times a week. I never am big on breakfast food in the morning. I always crave it late at night like 10 or 11pm. So I will either bake/fry up some hash browns have a glass or two of milk, and maybe peanut butter toast.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not a healthy alternative, but I eat...

Proscuitto with olive oil
Plain crackers with olive oil and grated parmigiano reggiano
tomatoe slices with boccachini with basil and olive oil (blsalmic optional)

They arent as much snacks as they are appetizers, but I usually have the ingredients in the fridge.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anthony
That's a myth. When you go to bed you are essentially fasting for 6-12 hours. It would be insane to do that while you were awake, right? Obviously you don't want to pig out, but a small meal of protein and some fat for energy preferably EFAs (essential ***** acids) is exactly what you need to keep your metabolism going throughout the night. Some cottage cheese or a protein shake and some peanut butter just like odoreater mentioned is a terrific meal.

Why would it be insane? You do realize that people only eat at certain time of a day because they are used to it/programmed to do so? There is absolutely nothing wrong with, lets say, having one huge meal a day.

There are so many nutrition-related misconceptions out there, it's sad.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anthony
That's a myth. When you go to bed you are essentially fasting for 6-12 hours. It would be insane to do that while you were awake, right? Obviously you don't want to pig out, but a small meal of protein and some fat for energy preferably EFAs (essential ***** acids) is exactly what you need to keep your metabolism going throughout the night. Some cottage cheese or a protein shake and some peanut butter just like odoreater mentioned is a terrific meal.

What other snacks are good for you before you go to bed... I bought some cottage cheese, but I literally have to force myself to eat it. I've never liked it since I was a kid, I figured I could get around it, but I hate the curd in my mouth. The lumpy coldness just doesn't sit with me. The flavor is alright but I guess I just don't like much cold salty stuff.

I do like natural Peanut Butter though
smile.gif
Mmmmm

Any other suggestions for 'GOOD for you' bed time snacks?

surfnbank

Reaction score
Jerky served me well. I also did fat free hot dogs and protein shakes.Then there was the greasy stuff to soak up the alcohol

danilo

Reaction score
Hmmm yeah, I have Jerky... I just always have a craving for something sweet before bed...
frown.gif
That I naturally want to wash down with a big glass of milk
frown.gif
frown.gif
I have tried drinking Almond Milk and it tastes quite nice, it's got no sugar so that's supposed to be better so you don't raise your insulin while you sleep? . Sometimes I'll eat half of a protein bar ~10g of protein and some almond milk or water and some almonds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads