• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last Vol: 5 Collection Of Shoe Appreciation

jtw3036

Reaction score
Not the usual suspects. ENJOY!
covervol54ns.jpg
auber5zf.jpg

auber2copy6kx.jpg

bemers6vb.jpg

berluti13yf.jpg

berluti2257qo.jpg

bonafe3df.jpg

corthay5pe.jpg

darkoak

Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to scan this! It's very very good.

Small observation -- is it just me, or does the two-eyelet Santoni FAM derby have a weir embossed design on the toe?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great post!! You have actually provided the Holy Grail...an image of the EG Fulham, the double monk strap with hand sewn lake and spilt toe ala Dover. I have one on order from LeatherSole in Hawaii and until now, had never seen a picture of it. Thank you!!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just me or do the Stefano Bemer's labelled 510 look incredibly uncomfortable. The toe area is so "flat" looking.

Some nice shoes in the other photos!

jtw3036

Reaction score
We should make this a regular feature, pics of foreign mags that are readily accessible.
AGREED....Instalment 2 next Monday!
wow.gif

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for scanning so I can read the text!

Just a note on the text below the EGs worth translating.

They say that something that has been the subject of a lot of recent interest is that EG have produced a new round toed last for the first time in ten years - last number 82. They say that it is worthy of comparison to last 202, a now twenty year old creation of former EG owner John Floughstick/Flewstick [?sp - I am trying to reconstruct the English spelling from the katakana], who was apparently fond of likening his creations to a Porsche 911. The Exter model they show is an example produced using last 82, but 'retains the elegance of shoes made from last 202'.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
a now twenty year old creation of former EG owner John Floughstick/Flewstick (?sp - I am trying to reconstruct the English spelling from the katakana)

iirc, I think it would be spelled John Hlustik, or something like that.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey wow! Those Vass shoes on page 29 are made using a last from Italian maker Roberto Ugolini. It is described as a hand sewn welted shoe that comes with its own three piece shoe tree. Price 126000 Yen at the Shinjuku Isetan store.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jtw3036, thank you! What a great presentation of fabulous shoes. I find it really furthers my shoe education to see many, very different concepts developed in the form of a shoe. Appreciate your efforts in scanning all this in.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the Japanese phonetisisation of 'Vass' has you pronouncing it 'Vash'. In my experience the Japanese tends to be truer to the original pronounciation.

Anyone here speak a bit of Hungarian?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads