• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LAST PAIR Edward Green Ventnor unlined loafer Sizes 8.5, 9.5 and 11 US

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All-

I have access to Ventnor in Coffee Suede, 184 last D Width UK. I can probably get shoe trees too for about $75. Shoes come with box, cloth and bags

Shipping in the US is included.

1st quality, not seconds. I only have 8/8.5D, 10.5/11D GONE and 9/9.5D

Attachments

Last edited:

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone go into detail about the marketing as two sizes thing? I have a pair of EG loafers in a different last marked 8.5 inside the shoe. I thought this was the UK size. Am I mistaken?
Most EG shoes have an oval on the inside that reads something like this:

9|9.5E184

The first number (9) is UK size. The second number (9.5) is equivalent US size. The letter (E) is width, or as the English say, fitting. UK E fitting is medium, akin to US D width. The numbers after the letter (184) indicate the last.

UK to US translation is tricky because of many factors:

- some makers believe the difference in size between UK and US is .5; others believe it is one whole size (i.e. UK 9 = US 10)
- some makers consider E fitting to be "Medium"; others use F fitting to denote "Medium"
- some older EG models only have one size; in those cases you need to know if it's a shoe sold under the EG marque, or a shoe sold under another brand (say, Paul Stuart). EG-for-EG will have UK sizing, EG-for-PS will have US sizing

cezinho

Reaction score

Quote:I have a recent make of EG Picadilly, EG for EG, and it has an oval that just says 8 1/2 E plus the last number. This is why I am confused.
If this is a recent middle than you must be mistaken, as it must have the two sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%