• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Last magazine japan

My View

Reaction score
I am not aware of any but cannot be sure. I had anyway gone ahead and order copies of LAST in original Japanese. Folks here may also like to know that there at least a few more Japanese magazines such as "Men's Ex" and "Men's Club" which publish Special Edition Collector's shoe magazines. They feature RTW and Bespoke shoemakers from around the world (not surprsingly, English and Italian shoe makers feature prominently. In addition, there are quite a number of high-end shoemakers in Japan). Other things include: - write-ups and interviews with passionate shoe collectors (including the now well-known Jun K) who also show-off their collections - articles on shoe care - feature storis on shoe polishing competition/forum - colour photos of literally hundreds of shoes - step-by-step explanations accompanied by photographs of the shoe making process (aka "Hand made Shoes for Men" by Vass) As many of you know, the Japanese are some of the most serious collectors in a diversity of fields from sneakers to watches, art pieces to classical and jazz LPs and CDs. They often have painstakingly produced magazines for connoisseurs and enthusiasts. I should have learned to read Japanese. By the way, does any one know if there are English translation versions of some very good Italian books on clothes. I know of one called "The Elegant Man" by Riccardo Villarosa & Giulliano Angeli. The are a few more titles (all with lots of beautiful photographs) published by Idealibri including "La camicia. Storia, mito, moda" (http://www.unilibro.com/find_buy/pro...480258&idaff=0) and one or two more which I cannot recall. I saw them at the local Zegna boutiques. Any info would be appreciated.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I think that "Last" is an annual publication, a mook (magazine/book).  There are other shoe mooks published by other Japanese magazine houses, with profiles of collectors and shoe makers, diagrams of the shoe making process and lacing techniques.

I paged through Last this year, but didn't buy a copy. I know of nothing like it in English

Bic

rebelrebel

Reaction score
do they also have a website?

I found a picture of the front cover any way

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that "Last" is an annual publication, a mook (magazine/book).  There are other shoe mooks published by other Japanese magazine houses, with profiles of collectors and shoe makers, diagrams of the shoe making process and lacing techniques. I paged through Last this year, but didn't buy a copy. I know of nothing like it in English Bic

do they also have a website?

I found a picture of the front cover any way

no longer in business

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.