• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Last Magazine - First Issue? Or Special Edition?

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me whether I picked up the first issue of Last Magazine or some kind of special edition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260988017915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_38694wt_1166

I probably overpaid by a bit, but you just don't see too many issues of Last Magazine come through eBay very often.

I thought the first issue came out in the early to mid 2000s (and I thought the magazine ceased publication around 2009), but some of the pages here reference G&G and their Deco range, as well as John Lobb's 2011 line, so it would seem to be later than 2009, no?

Or is Last magazine back, in which case I really overpaid :embar:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LAST (published by Esquire, Japan) came out twice yearly, I believe in April and October. Esquire withdrew from the Japanese market and published the last issue (vol. 13) in April 2009. Apart from vol. 1 and 2, I have the whole run complete. Although I do not have vol. 1, the issue offered on eBay can't be the original vol. 1 (April 2003), as it features an article on G&G Deco range. (G&G did not exist in 2003, let alone the Deco range.)

So, this issue must be a fairly new publication. I don't know anything about it, but I presume some publisher might have picked up the title and issues the magazine either regularly or as the occasional specially themed issue (similar to Men's Ex "World of high-end shoes").

Maybe a Japanese member can chip-in and give us the facts.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bengal-Stripe. I thought the timeline was as you stated, but wasn't entirely sure. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can chime in. I'll try to drop into Kinokuniya one day this week and ask about a new Last publication. I'll be a bit annoyed if I see this issue on the rack for $25.00!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is a new publication. I got that issue few months ago.
I bought it for less than USD20, IIRC.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It probably would have cost me about USD 30.00 at Kinokuniya in NYC if they had to order it for me (I didnt see it in there this evening).

Ah, well . . . :satisfied:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 57 17.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 33.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%