• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last House on the Left (Remake)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone seen it yet?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but the original is pretty fucked up.
I spit on your grave, is also a really messed up movie from the same era.

One of the two, I cant remember which, I couldnt get through.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The release of the remake makes me want to watch The Virgin Spring. I Spit On Your Grave. Hmm..brings back memories.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
No, but the original is pretty fucked up.
I spit on your grave, is also a really messed up movie from the same era.

One of the two, I cant remember which, I couldnt get through.

I'm 99.9% sure it would have been "I Spit On Your Grave" that you had to stop. It's MUCH more graphic than Last House.... (especially the uncut version) and those scenes last much longer.

I haven't seen the remake yet but I'm guessing that If it's anything like some of the other remakes lately it will be dumbed-down and gored up, a horror movie that makes fun of itself.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
willow, willow, willow!

bkk

Reaction score
I saw a lengthy preview before Watchmen. Good idea, but looked like the execution was sub par, just like all remakes these days. The director also seemed quite disingenuous during the interview portion. Almost as if the studio execs fed him lines via a cue card.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was "I spit on your Grave", that movie was pretty fucked up.
AWESOME.

yesyes_22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Has anyone seen it yet?

yes i saw it UNFORTUNATELY... the movie is terrible. not only is the movie terrible it quite possibly has the worst ending to a movie i have ever witnessed. i am still feeling down that i will never get those 2 hours of my life back.

its a typical horror movie which is very predictable. very graphic **** scene which was pretty uncomfortable. either way i wouldnt even recommend seeing this movie in cheap seats.

Jrslm_Stylin

Reaction score
"The Virgin Spring" remains a fantastic Bergman film and doesn't need to be update or "gore-ified." The original Last House was decent fare for 1972 horror, but hasn't aged well. The new Last House is just a cash-in for Wes Craven's production company, just as he made a mint of cash off the remakes of The Hills Have Eyes franchise, but if you like gallons of ridiculously fake blood and gratuitous **** scenes, the ship has come in!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads