• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last call in chicago

jbc217

Reaction score
Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know when the shops on Mich. Ave. will be offering their deep/final discounts? When I was in Chicago last, I overheard a customer asking a salesperson when it would be, but the salesperson seemed to be feigning ignorance. I live a few hours away and so can't check the stores regularly for the status of the sales.

Any info would be appreciated, as I have heard of some amazing bargains during last call, and will be planning a special shopping trip just as soon as I can figure out what the best time will be.

Thanks,

jbc

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Would anyone happen to know when the shops on Mich. Ave. will be offering their deep/final discounts? Â When I was in Chicago last, I overheard a customer asking a salesperson when it would be, but the salesperson seemed to be feigning ignorance. Â I live a few hours away and so can't check the stores regularly for the status of the sales. Â Any info would be appreciated, as I have heard of some amazing bargains during last call, and will be planning a special shopping trip just as soon as I can figure out what the best time will be. Thanks, jbc
I went to Chicago last year around the second week of August (if I recall correctly), and the Last Call sale was taking place. However, there was a very limited selection of merchandise left, so I assume that it must have started a week or two prior. At this time, the Saks men's store on Michigan also had several racks of 60% off merchandise. I was at the Marshall Fields (the huge one on State, not the mediocre location on Michigan) and they were taking down prices. There were mostly 25-40% off racks (still pricey&#33
wink.gif
, but there were a few 60% off racks as well.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here in the DC metro area, the NM Last Call "pre-sale" starts on Saturday, July 10th (though I was told the 11th by someone also) -- I assume the postcard will soon come in the mail advertising the exact date of the last call pre-sale. The last call ads will go out to the general public (in newspapers, etc.) on @July 16th, at which point the hoards will descend on the racks. I went last January after the hoards had already been through and there was still tons of great stuff available -- Borrelli, T&A, Oxxford, Kiton, etc. -- just not in the best colors.

daeagle

Reaction score
Do you need to have the postcard to take advantage of the presale on July 10/11 at NM?

Thanks

Drifter

Reaction score
Any updates on late calls here in chicago.... I'm going to be hitting the mall stores today to look for myself in the south burbs... but will make the trip to downtown if anyone noticed late calls starting...

itzamazing

Reaction score
Any updates on late calls here in chicago.... I'm going to be hitting the mall stores today to look for myself in the south burbs... but will make the trip to downtown if anyone noticed late calls starting...
Neimans Last Call starts Friday, but you can presale, I don't like the selection at this Neimans at all. You may have better luck.

Saks Act Two is still going on (30% off Act One Sale prices) I am not sure when the Finale sale starts.

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale starts Friday. This is their best sale of the year, because a selection of all of their fall items will be on sale. After the sale, they go back to regular retail and basically won't be seen again on sale until the Half Yearly sale. They open at 8am on Friday.

Lord and Taylor is having their 2nd take sale (70% off). They also have a $20 off $100 coupon floating around.

Barneys Summer Sale is still in full swing also (up to 60% off)

Bloomingdale's has their usual markdowns. Same with Marshall Field's

Most of the boutiques on N. Michigan and Oak are in the midst of their second (usually best) markdowns. Selection is much more limited now. Mark Shale is having some decent markdowns and while quickly browsing I noticed Ferragamo was having some deep markdowns. Likewise with Burberry, Prada, Boss, Tod's (lots on sale there) just walk into your store of interest and they are certain to be having a sale.

I haven't made it out to Northbrook, Oakbrook, Old Orchard or the new Chicago outlets in Aurora but I plan on it if I can escape the city and meetings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads