1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Last call a huge disappointment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Jul 14, 2004.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

went to both the Mazza Gallerie store and Tyson's Corner (D.C.) today and came out feeling more than a little upset I drove 3 hours to get there.

- The best (of a very, very limited selection) shoes they had on sale were Ferragamo Studio. Now I personally like this line and the prices were pretty good, but I was expecting a lot more variety from this level up.

- The clothing prices were very underwhelming for the most part. I don't know what I was expecting as this is my first 'Last', but all Brioni, Borrelli, Prada, and Kiton dress shirts were still $200+; Sportcoats and suits seemed to only be, WITH the LC % factored in, about 50% off. I noticed on more than 1 item that the 'sale price' was about 10% off, so with the LC you truly are only getting 50% on a LOT of items. Yes 50% is nothing to sneeze at, but as I said I was expecting a lot more. There were a couple deals though... top of the line Incotex trousers down to $160... Zanella trousers down to $120. Studio 'Gamos for under $200.

- The salesmen I encountered were almost all terrible, something I've never experienced in a NM. I don't know if it's b/c of the sale but they were pushing like used car guys, and doing the old 'follow around and point out items/make small talk even though I've made it clear I'm not interested' thing. At the Mazza store I was able to take the shirt I bought right out of the store; Tyson's Corner was still making people wait until tomorrow- saw a lady get furious over that.

- No more Edward Green AT ALL. Only about 5 pairs of Lobbs, everything else was the standard Ferragamo, Gucci, Prada offerings.

Saks had a decent sale going, picked up a great Varvatos shirt for about 60% off. They just got in a ton of fall items at the Tyson's store, and re-affirmed my belief that Canali is making the best suits/sportcoats for the money out there (that fit me well at least).

SO AGAIN, if anyone knows of a Neiman that still has some Purple Lable Cardiffs in several sizes left, please post it here or PM me.. I'm going to resort to calling a lot of them tomorrow and just asking.

Most surprising thing for me: D&G, whose items I never like, had a LOT of great looking pieces at Mazza's Saks. Would have gotten several had they been on sale...