• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Las Vegas Dinner?

rgpuppy

Reaction score
Reccomendations....

I have a big business dinner in Vegas in a couple of weeks.

I am looking for something new or different but still ok for 6 or 7 guys who only have a business relationship.

Every place i think of is like yeah but everyone has been there and done that...our industry has a big event in Vegas twice a year.

Any ideas or new places you have tried?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well you have an immense amount of choices in Las Vegas.

If you want to go with the traditional steak house, you have (my top 10 ranked in descending order of preference)

Prime (great steaks in a french style)

Morton's (I recently reviewed them in RR)

The Steakhouse at Circus Circus (still great)

Delmonico's (tender steaks)

Smith and Wollensky's (just like NY)

3950 (good but I had a better steak at Red Square in MB)

SW Steakhouse (I ate there when they were pretty new, they've probably moved up a bit by then)

Lawry's (more prime rib, but still good)

Rosewood Grille (good steaks, better seafood)

The Steakhouse at Camelot (pretty good KC strip)

The Steakhouse at Luxor (filet was just OK)

If you want to go with a more full menu restaurant consider: (again top ten in descending order)

Bradley Ogden (IMO best restuarant in Vegas)

Tableau (very nice in the FL manner)

Lutece (underrated)

Le Cirque (good food, if a bit stuffy)

Aureole (I like CP, some people don't)

Mix (AD, but not as good as his other offerings)

RM Seafood (pricey, but good)

Picasso (underwhelming, but still a good restaurant)

Olives (If you like this chain...)

Commander's Palace (very nice)

For ethnic food, there are a number of offerings, but I'm not sure which of them would be appropriate for a business dinner.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you'd like more information about any specific restaurant on my lists, I used to spend about a month out of each year on the convention circuit in Vegas so I know the restaurant scene quite well.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ate at Mix, which is located at the top of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The food was pretty good (Alain Ducasse), albeit very expensive, the decor beautiful and very modern, and the service excellent. Outdoor seating has a nice view of the stip. Check out the kitchen too, it's awesome. There's a nice lounge adjacent too, much nicer than Ghostbar, IMO.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
I recently ate at Mix, which is located at the top of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The food was pretty good (Alain Ducasse), albeit very expensive, the decor beautiful and very modern, and the service excellent. Outdoor seating has a nice view of the stip. Check out the kitchen too, it's awesome. There's a nice lounge adjacent too, much nicer than Ghostbar, IMO.
I'm fairly fond of Mix, but if you've eaten at ADNY or any of his restaurants in France you'd be underwhelmed. I'll agree with the fact that the bar is pretty cool.

Stax

Reaction score
I like the Vegas Mix too, although it is the only Ducasse restaurant I have eaten at.

I had an incredible steak at Delmonico's and the service is top notch.

moosy

Reaction score
L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at the MGM, though you may not like the concept for a business meeting but it's great food and different

Englandmj7

Reaction score
^^ Very true, but quite expensive! I second drizz's mention of Delmonico's. Whilst I love Mortons it is available in most major cities. There is only one Delmonico (excellent wine selection to boot).

kelio

Reaction score
Hi, I think they would enjoy Emeril's. A couple of us ate at the one in Orlando last year. It was pretty good. The food was fabulous All other meals, our service has been just fine and in fact, there was one dinner where it was so perfect . All other meals, our service has been just fine and in fact, there was one dinner where it was so perfect. Las Vegas Parties

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Craftsteak still around? If so, I like it even better than Prime. Delmonico is definitely my favorite, though. I can't get enough of those truffle parm potato chips.
smile.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelio
Hi,
I think they would enjoy Emeril's. A couple of us ate at the one in Orlando last year. It was pretty good. The food was fabulous All other meals, our service has been just fine and in fact, there was one dinner where it was so perfect . All other meals, our service has been just fine and in fact, there was one dinner where it was so perfect.

Las Vegas Parties

Emeril's is a good place to eat. Their pork chop is unreal!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bleachboy
Is Craftsteak still around? If so, I like it even better than Prime.

Delmonico is definitely my favorite, though. I can't get enough of those truffle parm potato chips.
smile.gif

Craftsteak is good and still around but Cut is better.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
MFing NECROTHREAD!!!!!

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rao's at Caesars Palace is awesome - great food, ambience, service.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Excellent necro-post for your first post.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reccomendations....

I am looking for something new or different but still ok for 6 or 7 guys who only have a business relationship.

Every place i think of is like yeah but everyone has been there and done that...our industry has a big event in Vegas twice a year.

Reccomendations....

I've been to Vegas hundreds of times...
Besides the mega chef-topolis choices, off the beaten path I always try to hit up Lotus of Siam.
Locals know it, it's always busy, great food.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always try to stop at Lotus of Siam for excellent Thai food. It's off strip and wonderful inside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads