• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Las Vegas Bellagio

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
This is excellent news. One of the many things I appreciate about Las Vegas, along with titty bars, surly waitresses and the ever-present odor of dispair and hopelessness, is the ability to engage in experiences outside of my comfort zone.

I appreciate your offers to help me out. Keep in mind though that I'm no stranger to fine dining. I've visited most of the Sizzler locations in North Texas and southern Oklahoma and they know me by name at Applebees here in Plano. So while I doubt that any of your "fancy" places can beat that, I'm willing to give them a try anyway.

FYI, my oldest son is named Dale, Jr.

You really are funny, I mean that. I actually laugh when I read what you write.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Sorry, don't get all the noise about the buffet. It's disgusting. It's extremely expensive, the place is filled with revolting people, and it's still a ******* buffet.

Vegas has great dining options. I have no idea why you'd pass up delicious, sophisticated food for a place you have to stand in line for and pay way too much for overcooked dreck meant for obese americans. If the Bellagio has the "best buffet in town" then I am terrified to know what some of the worse ones look like.

Their 24 Hour Cafe sucks. It's like a Denny's.

If you need to stay at a gargantuan hotel, stay at the Wynn. Much, much better.

Some ppl can't pass up a feeding at the slop trough. Anything involving 'all you can eat' or 'free' food makes people line up, even for gruel.

I never understood why anyone would go to a buffet when you can have food made to order at any decent restaurant.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Don't worry. The Bellagio will remind you very much of your dumps. It's well on its way to becoming one. Not a sawdust dump as you told me about previously, but a dump in its own right.

absolutely correct. last time i stepped into bellagio in2008 the place looked a little unkempt. you know, the entrances were not glossed and the carpet was getting a little ratty.

the newer hotels (1year and less) are always kept posh and carpet cleaned and sparkly. already places like mirage and newer like bellagio are looking (and smelling) a little 2nd rate.
except for venetian.

caesar palace too, but the place smells like old too. they keep it well, but you can see it is aging

hotels in vegas have a short shelf life i gues

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Some ppl can't pass up a feeding at the slop trough. Anything involving 'all you can eat' or 'free' food makes people line up, even for gruel.

I never understood why anyone would go to a buffet when you can have food made to order at any decent restaurant.

Isn't $40 pretty expensive for buffet? For that money I can get very respectable Bistro food, or eat at Yellowtail or Olives (which I don't like much but it is better.)

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You really are funny, I mean that. I actually laugh when I read what you write.

cheers.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Does Rubochon have an "all you can eat" night?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Does Rubochon have a $25 "all you can eat" night?

FTFY

So? Do they?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
absolutely correct. last time i stepped into bellagio in2008 the place looked a little unkempt. you know, the entrances were not glossed and the carpet was getting a little ratty. the newer hotels (1year and less) are always kept posh and carpet cleaned and sparkly. already places like mirage and newer like bellagio are looking (and smelling) a little 2nd rate. except for venetian. caesar palace too, but the place smells like old too. they keep it well, but you can see it is aging hotels in vegas have a short shelf life i gues
The decline of the Belaggio started prior to 2008. It was Steve Wynn's baby, and when Kerkorian ousted him from MGM, it became just another corporate property. Add to that the fact that smoking is still legal, and it takes a fair amount of time to see positive ROI on something that costs hundreds of millions of dollars, they can't afford to keep renovating or they would not make money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics