• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Larusmiani - the most obscure high-end brand?

Chrenetique

Reaction score
I just came across some suits by Larusmiani, an obscure Italian brand from Milan, said to be founded in 1922. The hefty price tag caught my attention: $4000 for a suit, $650 for a shirt, $300 for a tie... From what I'm seeing, it looks good, with a serenely bourgeois styling that's reminiscent of Brioni. You can find some rare items on Luisaviaroma, but it seems unknown on Yoox and pretty much elsewhere out of Italy too.

Who knows more about them, to speak about their fit, construction or fabric choice? They say it's entirely handmade in Italy, a claim that's proven to be slightly exaggerated with other high-end makers like Kiton.

Pictures: http://www.larusmiani.it/eng/collections/man_1/spring-summer-2013_3/

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not previously familiar with them, but I'm not particularly impressed by the outfits on their website either. They seem very much within the typical spectrum of today, with abbreviated jacket & trouser lengths and predictable enough combinations. More specifically, the shoulder treatment is not to my personal liking. This might just be the stylist on the day, or a quirk of model's build, but it gives the impression of a big puff of something right under the shoulder area itself. This isn't a stereotypical "too much padding" SF complaint either; in general, I actually quite like structured shoulders, roping, and even have no particular objection to a sweeping concave high shoulder... but this is something different too all the above (and to a soft shoulder also) & looks odd, like a carbuncle on each shoulder.

Last edited:

michele bonuzzi

Reaction score
Larusmiani is a niche brand founded in Milan in 1922. It 'a historic brand (I think the oldest of MonteNapoleone).
In Italy they sell in their Concept Boutique in Via Montenapoleone and also at Luisa Via Roma. They sell a lot abroad, such as in Eastern Europe.
It is true the prices are high but it is due to the fact that almost all Larusmiani garments are handmade in Italy. As a matter of fact they have their own tailor shop.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larusmiani is a niche brand founded in Milan in 1922. It 'a historic brand (I think the oldest of MonteNapoleone).
In Italy they sell in their Concept Boutique in Via Montenapoleone and also at Luisa Via Roma. They sell a lot abroad, such as in Eastern Europe.
It is true the prices are high but it is due to the fact that almost all Larusmiani garments are handmade in Italy. As a matter of fact they have their own tailor shop.

Hmmm, interesting first post
sarcasm.gif

I've been to their store in V. Montenapoleone once and don't understand what the fuss is all about. Maybe if the brand's so popular in Easter Europe they should rename it La Mania Russa
tongue.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sadly no new poster can make an initial post these days without someone suspicious of their intentions. Welcome to SF.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm, interesting first post :sarcasm:
I've been to their store in V. Montenapoleone once and don't understand what the fuss is all about. Maybe if the brand's so popular in Easter Europe they should rename it La Mania Russa :p

Only 57 posts to your name. Hmmm - I wonder if you are a competitor to Larusmiani!

Bowl1901

Reaction score
[There store and factory outlet are in Milan. Very high quality. I have bought shirts, pants and suits. High quality fabrics and super tailoring

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[There store and factory outlet are in Milan. Very high quality. I have bought shirts, pants and suits. High quality fabrics and super tailoring
Awesome!
crackup[1].gif
Nothing suspect about that first post!

Bowl1901

Reaction score
Suits and pants available in the store are less trendy. Just as designer fashion shows display items few would wear, the website does the same. The quality of the tailoring and fabric is hard to find outside of Italy.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just came across some suits by Larusmiani, an obscure Italian brand from Milan, said to be founded in 1922. The hefty price tag caught my attention: $4000 for a suit, $650 for a shirt, $300 for a tie... From what I'm seeing, it looks good, with a serenely bourgeois styling that's reminiscent of Brioni. You can find some rare items on Luisaviaroma, but it seems unknown on Yoox and pretty much elsewhere out of Italy too.

Who knows more about them, to speak about their fit, construction or fabric choice? They say it's entirely handmade in Italy, a claim that's proven to be slightly exaggerated with other high-end makers like Kiton.

Pictures: http://www.larusmiani.it/eng/collections/man_1/spring-summer-2013_3/

It would help if the link worked.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Just as designer fashion shows display items few would wear, the website does the same"

Well, that defeats the purpose of this sub-Forum which happens to be called "Classical Menswear"
As for quality, it is very possible that the quality of Wayne Newton's wardrobe is at the level of
Caraceni, Rubinacci, or Anderson And Shappard. However, the style puts it beyond the SF paradigm:

http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/w...-a-white-party-to-celebrate-its-grand_3367918

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads