• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Larry kudlow's outfits

rsp1

Reaction score
I love how this guy dresses...I'd enjoy hearing more knowledeable board members' thoughts on his wardrobe.

Len

Reaction score
I can give you a some insight into Larry's wardrobe.

He buys his shirts from Turnbull & Asser on 57th Street. Some of his ties come from there, too. He has number of ties from Eugene Vananzi, a private tie maker. He met Gene through his tailor, Leonard Logsdail. That's me. I've been making Larry's clothes for about 12 years. As you can tell, he likes bold stripes and wears them well. he has just ordered a beautiful french blue double stripe suit. Quite strong and individual.

JohnMS

Reaction score
I never cease to be amazed by the forum members here. Len, I haven't watched the show much, but I get the impression that his 'look' is British inspired. Am I way off?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow - Larry Kudlow. - Not to brag, but here's what I posted over two years ago on this forum.

Posted: 21 Mar. 2002, 7:38    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My style role models:
James Bond - in books and movies
Kevin Costner - great, rugged, all-American style
Hugh Grant - bit of a British dandy - but always stylish
Charlie Rose - always impeccably turned out
and
Lawrence Kudlow - always has the best suits, ties and cufflinks on his McLoughlin Group and CNBC appearances.

-------------------------------------------------------

And now we have his tailor on here.. Very cool. Maybe we could even get Mr. Kudlow could join us once in a while.

Also - kind of scary that I've been posting here for more than 2 years.

Bradford

rsp1

Reaction score
Wow. I'm not quite sure what else to say. Um. Well done.

I'm truly honored to be among such people.

Enjoying peering over the shoulders of giants,

rob

Len

Reaction score
Larry definitely enjoys English styling, but, being the individual he is, has his own styling preferences. Next time he is on the tv take a look at the width of his lapels. They're 3 1/8" wide. (Or should I say narrow?) He and I often discuss this preference of his as he knows I'm not too keen on it. But that's the beauty of bespoke clothing - you do not have to accept what a designer says you should be wearing any particular season regarding style or fabric. And that is what Larry, and most of my clients, enjoy. Not only do they get a suit that is made to their particular body features, they can, if they wish, indulge in any eccentricities they want.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow.  I'm not quite sure what else to say.  Um.  Well done.

I'm truly honored to be among such people.

Enjoying peering over the shoulders of giants,

rob
Rob -

Actually I'm honored that after two years, someone finally agrees with me about Larry Kudlow's style. Very cool.

Bradford

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leonard Logsdail - welcome. I think that it's great that we have one of the foremost custom tailors in the country (or anywhere, for that matter) on our board. I sure that we'll get to benefit from your insights.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Plus you-know-who isn't here to start a flame war and tell Len he's not really a tailor... Sorry, couldn't resist that one...
wink.gif

rsp1

Reaction score
Bradford - you're just way ahead of the curve. Care to make any additional future predictions?
wink.gif
rob

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I enjoy reading your insights, Len. Too bad we don't hear from you more often. Well, that must be a good sign that you're keeping busy, that business is good.
smile.gif

rsp1

Reaction score
bump. in honor of the NY Times article....
wink.gif

JLK1919

Reaction score
I absolutely love the shape of Larry Kudlow's ties (particularly the knot). Would anyone happen to know how to get in touch with Eugene Vananzi to make an appointment? I did a quick google search, but it did not yield any results. Any advice would be appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads