• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Larry David, worst fitting tuxedo ever?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this picture a few moments ago and think it might be the single worst fit of any formal wear I have ever seen. Granted, LD isn't exactly a style icon, but come on!

1458484616_9335567686.jpg

AB01

Reaction score
Some people don't pay so much attention to the fit of their clothes like the StleForum crowd. Event called for a tux. He gets one in his size and calls it a day. He dresses casual and in my oppinion, people his age focus more on comfort.
Steve Jobs wears dad jeans. High profile people aren't dressing to impress and their hobby isn't clothing.
I'm sure if you went up to Larry David and showed him the benefits of a fitted suit, he'd like the way he looks in it, but you'd have to force your way to show him because I doubt that's where his mind is at.

He's worried about the platic packaging on GPS devices right now.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jb.gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's anything but a style icon. In fact he prides himself on looking as 'casual' as possible.
evan-rachel-wood-larry-david-01.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's an old rich guy, who cares?

What were you expecting from someone who wears long sleeve polos and halfzip sweaters 364 days a year?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He has such an awkward physique I doubt anything fits well on him.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to love that late 80's, relaxed Armani fit on his formal wear and any jackets.

tricota

Reaction score
Not even in top 20 pf worst tuxes I have ever seen...

MillionaireTeacher

Reaction score
2r1z59i.jpg
Can someone give me the blow-by-blow of what exactly is wrong with his tux ? 1) His left leg seems to be the proper length, but there is pooling of his right leg? 2) I think the tux shouders are way past his natural shoulders. His left almost looks like a shoulder pad. 3) His left arm is bunching up like crazy at the elbow. His right arm sleeve seems very baggy. 4) Divoting on the upper right arm sleeve? Sleeve length seems right. He left the button button undone. Am I even close ?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MillionaireTeacher

Can someone give me the blow-by-blow of what exactly is wrong with his tux ?

please log off.

not just FS, but the internet.

go away and dont come back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics