• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Large Size Socks

allreds

Reaction score
This is my first post, and I've tried my best at a due diligence search so as to only be the sort of annoying new guy.
I've also cross-posted this on the Fedora Lounge, but thought I might get a better response here. _______________________ I can't be the only one who would like to find *affordable* (extra)large cotton or cotton/wool dress socks. I wear US size 13 shoes and wear out those "one size fits all" (at least up to size 12) men's socks very quickly. My typical sock purchase is a 3 pack of Polo, Calvin Klein, or Tommy Hilfiger at TJ Maxx. I realize that Nordstrom, Pantherella, and others sell great socks in large sizes, but I'm not the type to pay $15-$100 for a single pair of socks. So far, no-name big and tall store varieties and Gold-Toe from Penny's or Dillard's have been all I can find. I'm leaning toward the Gold-Toe. Size 13 shoes seem pretty common, so where are all the corresponding socks?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could try Falke socks from Saks, which might be available for a good price right now. They are sized. You can often find them on Sierra Trading Post as well for a good price. Another maker that has large sized socks sometimes is Bresciani.

Okay, scratch that, I saw that you say you're not the type to pay $15 for socks. But you know what, if you're wearing them out so quickly, wouldn't it be better to pay a little more for socks that fit and won't wear out as quickly?

allreds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Y if you're wearing them out so quickly, wouldn't it be better to pay a little more for socks that fit and won't wear out as quickly?

I guess it depends upon how long they'll last. The reluctance to pay for them comes from the experience that they don't last long. It's a bit of an vicious circle, I know.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40