• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Large metal watches with tailoring.

Sport watch with tailoring.

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClassicStyle1950

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that most personal story. To me, that's the beauty of an heirloom watch that will last from generation to generation. About a year ago my son graduated from Marine Officer Candidate School, just as I did over 30 years ago. It was the most meaningful day of my life. (And yes, I know I'm supposed to mention my wedding and the birth of my first child here, but...) I presented him with a Sea Dweller, engraved with his name, and "Marine" and the date of his graduation. It brings me great joy to think of him giving it to his son some day and maybe telling a story about his old man.

The Sea Dweller has justifiably taken a few knocks here. Fine. I like it better than the Sub because it's bigger on my large wrists. I also like the story, and the ridiculous over-engineering. No, I don't dive. But I do beat the hell out of it and use the dial as a timer almost every day. (How long have I been walking? How long has my wife been telling me about her day? Is the steak done?)

I'm a watch guy, and feel naked without one. I could never bring myself to wear an Apple Watch.
That's a neat story. Your son will appreciate that watch for the rest of his life.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd wear a richard mille with a suit if I had the money to buy it... don't subscribe to these rules

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.