1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lardini blazers and suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by consumer222, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Chrenetique

Chrenetique Senior member

The price for a Lardini suit is $1000, right now on Yoox.

There's nothing for 60 bucks as told above.

2. jackdaw

jackdaw Well-Known Member

I recently bought a cotton/linen Lardini blazer from YOOX--$324 for an unlined, unconstructed summer jacket. Pricey, but I liked the fit and fabric and construction so I kept it. Sized 50 EU or 40 US which gave me a very slim fit and I wear a 39R US. The tags had been hand-corrected to 50EU Longo (long) but the jacket was a good length for me at 5'11" so I assume their slim fit jackets are quite short. The sleeves were way too long which is a problem because they have working cuff buttons. But...the spiffy MOP buttons persuaded me to pay for sleeve alterations.

3. mjphillips

mjphillips Senior member

Yeah if you're in NYC they have a ton of Lardini at bloomingdales 59th st. Suits and sportcoats, and one white dinner jacket.

4. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

shit i just inhaled my coffee when i read the name of the brand lol!

5. JChance

JChance Senior member

Yeah if you're in NYC they have a ton of Lardini at bloomingdales 59th st. Suits and sportcoats, and one white dinner jacket.

Same goes for the Bloomy in San Fran Union Square

6. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

So, you are calling me a liar?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Viral

Viral Senior member

Lardini makes Bloomingdales' house brand.

I suggest you go to a store and try them on................fit is great for slim guys. Also, they are half-canvassed!

I will have a BNWT staple navy pinstripe 38R for sale this weekend =)

8. mtmindc

mtmindc Senior member

Do all Lardini suit jackets and sportcoats have working cuffs?

9. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I'm considering this yoox lardini:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=49120689&tskay=3FD17CD7

Any opinions? I have a question on the shoulders. heavily padded? minimal? Prefer minimal. I can fit into a 42r OTR, but really look for 41Rs. Some conflicting info on this thread as their suits being slim fit vs. others saying they are for a large man.

10. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

FWIW...I just purchased a 42R Lardini suit. I am normally a 40R. The shoulders are very lightly padded and fit me perfectly (18.5in fits me best). While I haven't measured the chest I don't see the need for any alterations. I just need to bring in the waist of the jacket slightly (which I often do even in most OTR 40Rs). The pants are 36 inch waist so I will be getting them altered / slimmed.

So my guess is that if you buy a 42 the jacket should fit you fine. Trousers may need slimming down depending on your waist size.

11. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Thanks. Esp. the info on the padding. I will pull the trigger.

12. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

On yoox there are Lardini jackets without the flower lapel pin?

Does this mean its made for an brand(Piombo?) or its just doesn't include the lapel pin?

13. G. Landi

G. Landi Well-Known Member

Lardini makes jackets for Piombo, and there is no lapel pin for Piombo, Just Lardini house brand. Kiton makes the jackets for MP Massimo Piombo.

Heavily padded shoulders are older Lardini models...the problem is Yoox has lots of old stuff, so just be ready to return. Almost all of the more recent Lardini jackets are garment dyed and washed, so they have super soft shoulders, and obviously...no canvassing

Lardini has been doing a lot stuff with Zegna fabrics recently, especially silk and cashmere blends, amazing stuff especially a mini hopsack washed cool wool very similar to the Killer Hopsack Boglioli K's that come out each summer

2 people like this.