1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lapel positioning

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by vncrz, Mar 9, 2010.

1. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Well-Known Member

While I prefer the look of standard-to-high gorge/notch positioning, my chest tends to make high gorges look a slight bit comical (I am somewhere between slim and athletic), so I tend to opt for somewhere between standard and low.
    Also, I will admit that I could see myself wearing noticeably lower gorge suits, but only if it was the '80s and I didn't have much other choice.
    Finally, peaks that rise past the shoulder are indeed horrible, if it continues any longer we may see people making lapels that not only rise above the shoulder, but over the head and meet each other above the scalp centre to "frame the face" of the wearer and mark him out as someone to be purged before we begin breeding the master race.