1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lapel flower pin

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Louche, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Wow...this makes me feel really old.

I spent a good portion of three youthful summers working on a farm that was tenant farmed by a German-American WWI American vet. H was a complex and funny guy who believed in luck.

I posted pictures before of my Dad who was an RAF pilot in WW2. His mentor at RAF Cranwell was an old boy who had been in the cavalry in WW1 but as horses were useless in the mud most of them were sent off for retraining as pilots. He was a wonderful old fella who lived well into his eighties even though he lied about his age, but like most of these people would regail you for hours about all the daft things they got up to but never told any combat stories. My old man was the same. After he died my Mam gave me his one set of gold chain linked cufflinks and it was only then that I realized that the monogram on them wasn't his and they had most likely belonged to one of his mates who never made it back. I never wear gold but will always keep these along with a few other mementoes as I always say the memory of those old boys should be kept alive even though there aren't even many WW2 vets left now.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Eszter Takácsi aka 'Jewel' from House of Lust

Holy smoke..

She is beautiful...

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Holy smoke..

She is beautiful...

pls see "brunette girl appreciation thread" for moar!

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm in Istanbul today, saw a french guy wearing a jewlery flower in his lapel. had to be 1.5 inches across. didn't like it

5. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Didn't really seem like anyone answered the OP's question. This is the closest I've found to the picture: http://www.etsy.com/listing/54240211/wool-felt-flower-lapel-pin. However, as someone else indicated, Mr. K on SF sells his versions here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/255295/mr-ks-lapel-flower-thread-with-all-styles-and-updates. Finally, they have a version at J and HP: http://jandhp.bigcartel.com/

6. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

This didn't get answered?? The flower in the OP's picturer is from Strasburgo in Tokyo. They are often found on the website under "Accessories" but I don't see any at the moment. At 3000 yen, they are expensive.

7. EricE.

EricE. Senior member

8. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Ever thought about making a tiny one like the Strasburgo one Eric? I think they look a lot classier.

9. EricE.

EricE. Senior member

I am working on them at the moment :D, but they are a lot harder to make, as it is pretty hard to figure out the right proportions plus they are pretty small making sewing a bit more difficult.

I think, in a couple of days, I will have it figured out and then they will be up for sale :)

cheers,
    Eric

10. EricE.

EricE. Senior member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  11. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

12. Solosso

Solosso Active Member

Hey guys, came across this one today at one of our partner tailor firms. If anyone's interested, might put them up for 4-5 dollars.

[​IMG]

13. GBR

GBR Senior member

It looks dreadful

14. Solosso

Solosso Active Member

Some people really need their first morning coffee before they go interact with others.