1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lanieri, Mar 13, 2015.

1. klp2332

klp2332 Well-Known Member

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. But, Riccardo, those are some beautiful bikes and photographs. And it seems like Lanieri is getting even stronger on the online MTM front with its new products.

2. Lanieri

Lanieri Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi @beowolf !

Check this thread for some detailed feedbacks on our suits and shirts: here, here and here. You can also read the review appeared on Parisian Gentleman for our suits and for our shirts.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
    ciao
    Riccardo

3. razl

razl Senior member

Riccardo + co.,

I wanted to get your thoughts on my primary reason for not yet using Lanieri - body measurements vs. existing clothing measurements. As someone who's dabbled in MTM with some successes and some losses, but has finally gotten a set of hard-won clothing measurements that seem to work, I feel like I'm back to square one with providing body measurements. Also, for example, your in-house "tweaks" - like leg width, slim-normal-wide - are subjective and give me just enough pause to not pull the trigger (is their "wide" my "normal"? etc.) To me, I feel there's just enough gulf between what I've invested a lot of time and effort and now know works for me (my shirt measurements, for example) and Lanieri's body measurements that it's preventing me from even trying.

A quick example - I'm particular about my sleeve length, I've settled on a 35.75 as being perfect for me but it's probably a bit longer than normal. I suspect a shirt made from the measurements I provided would probably ship with a 35 or 35.25 sleeve that I wouldn't care for.

I was curious on what your take was and to pass along at least my perspective on your process, I suspect I'm not alone. Had Lanieri been the first service I'd ever tried, it would be a different story (and I would probably be complaining to other MTM companies "why don't you use body measurements like Lanieri?")

ps - all that said, your guide to taking measurements is the absolute best I've ever seen (regardless of whether it's for body or garment measuring).

4. Lanieri

Hi @razl

thank you for your feedback first of all. Most of the the things you have pointed out have a specific technical reason, that are not entirely intuitive until someone really understand how made to measure works. For example, you were mentioning:

Quote: The problem is that it depends strongly on the overall build of a customer, that comes from the measurements taken after the suit is customized. We should communicate this better (at least give an expected size range).

Quote: That would be an easy fix, simply add your preferences in the notes during checkout and we will take care of this. Online MTM requires an additional communicative effort compared to other e-commerce, both from the seller and from the customer.

Quote: Rest assure that for us every feedback is precious, actually if you have more of them, to help us improve our communication, don't hesitate to go ahead, I'm all ears. For example, first thing on monday I will improve the leg width part, providing more details on the expected size.

We have studied a lot what other MTM companies are asking in terms of body measurements, and I think we have adapted to what it seems now an "industry standard". On top of this body measurements will be then checked using our algorithm, if we spot any inconsistency the customer will be emailed asking to double check specifically what seems odd.

We have been testing garment measuring as well in the past, but in our experience is not the way to go, as it is basically impossible to replicate a garment made with a different "blueprint" with a few measurements. Just to give you a sense on how critical this can be, to make a proper job with garment measurements we will need the precise size and position of the armhole on the jacket, and to provide that a customer will have to destroy his own jacket! On top of this, fabric stiffness or looseness play a very important role on the overall feeling of the fit, impossible to predict even with the actual fabric available to be tested!

Happy to discuss this furthermore!

Have a nice weekend everyone, ciao
    Riccardo

5. Lanieri

Gentlemen,

following up @razl feedbacks, we have stated more specifically what leg width size range you should expect upon ordering a pair of trousers in our configurator. Specifically:

• slim from 6 1/2 inch to 7 in (16.5 cm to 18.5 cm)
    • medium from 7 in to 8 in (18.5 cm to 20.5 cm)
    • wide from 8 in to 9 1/2 in (20.5 cm to 24.5 cm)

Moreover, we would also add a note field at the end of the configurator for any other additional request or inquiry.

Ciao!
    Riccardo

6. bmartin

bmartin Active Member

7. Lanieri

HI @bmartin ,

warp count is 100, weft count is 120, while the check size is 2 millimeters (0.08 in)!

Regards
    Riccardo

8. Lanieri

Gentleman,

we have just been featured in Parisian Gentleman guide!
    (english version coming soon!)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Ciao
    Riccardo

9. razl

razl Senior member

Riccardo - I'm late in spotting your reply but just wanted to say that I appreciated your constructive responses and the fact that they addressed my concerns directly. I'm still only slightly on the fence but your points are heavily swaying me towards giving Lanieri a try. The specifics about the leg widths, for example, are exactly the sort of info that's critically important to me, much appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  10. Tia93

Tia93 New Member

Hello there!
    Just wondering, is the full canvas option still a thing?

Thanks!,
    Mattia

11. Lanieri

Hi Mattia,

we are still working on it, but to be honest it's not our main focus, we will probably launched it by October.
    Meanwhile we are working on lapels: soon it will be possible to pick larger lapes on the suit configurator!

Ciao
    Riccardo

1 person likes this.
  12. Tia93

Tia93 New Member

Thank you for your reply!,
    I'm actually glad: having bought a suit a few weeks ago and having just found out about the full canvas planning, I'd be regretting not waiting for it. But I'll need it before October (or so, of course), so that's a win-win.
    Just out of curiosity: how do you say in Italian full canvas?
    Thanks again,
    Mattia

13. Lanieri

In Italian it's intelato!

Have a nice day
    Riccardo

1 person likes this.
  14. Tia93

Tia93 New Member

Thank you again,
    have a great one!.

Mattia

15. Tia93

Tia93 New Member

I was also looking at your ties, and I got a question: the 7-folds versions are unlined, is that correct?
    Can I dry clean them or is there a chance of ruining them?
    Thank you,
    Mattia

16. Lanieri

The 7 fold tie is lined, and it's ok to dry clean them!

You're welcome
    Riccardo

1 person likes this.
  17. ErikJN

ErikJN Senior member

Hey fellas!

How long do you think it'll be before the wider lapel option is available?

18. Lanieri

Approx late march/ early april!

19. bmartin

bmartin Active Member

20. Lanieri

HI @bmartin ,

so the first one is 80, single twisted, and the second one is 70 single twisted. The scale is more or less the same, the patterns are approx 2 mm wide.
    We are already offering cutaway collars, in Italy it's called french collar (collo alla francese).

Let me know if you have more questions.

Ciao
    Riccardo