1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lanieri, Mar 13, 2015.

1. funtez

funtez New Member

A shipping option to Australia would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lanieri

Lanieri Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sorry for this! Shipping to Australia now available!

3. funtez

funtez New Member

Great, thanks for the reply.

Regarding Lapel width it, seems there is varying widths shown in some of your social media accounts. Does the peak lapel/DB Peak Lapel run wider width than the standard notch(which is too slim for my liking)?

Also is there any option for tightening tabs on the trousers instead of the belt loops?

Thanks again

4. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior Member

Not sure if this is an option, but if you do come to Los Angeles for a trunk show and you do measurements for me, I'll be happy to buy a suit from you. So another vote for Los Angeles.

A few questions: 1) what is the width of the lapel? 2) Could I get a suit jacket 1/4 or 3/8 lined? 3) How long does it take for a suit to be finished (from day of ordering to arrival at doorstep), assuming I live in the US?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

5. Lanieri

Hey Funtez,

the peak lapel is slightly wider than the regular lapel at 8.5 cm. DB peak lapel is 9 cm. Please be aware that for big guys these figure can be up to 10 cm! At the moment we don't have the tightening tabs option, but we can provide additional fabric to be done at a local tailor.

6. Lanieri

Here's the answers:

1) regular lapel is 8 cm, peak lapel is slightly larger at 8.5 cm
    2) we do half lined jackets, just in the shoulder area (guess is what you refer to 1/4)
    3) 4 weeks delivered (assuming that we don't need to ask you to double check your measurements)

7. Lanieri

Guys, I'm happy to announce that our give away with Effortless Gentleman is up and running!

Don't miss the opportunity to win a custom suits, you can enter the competition here

8. AxlJack

AxlJack Senior Member

I know someone asked this previously but it was never answered.

Are the blazers spalla camicia?

9. mapkos13

mapkos13 Member

10. Lanieri

Did I miss it then? Sorry!

Yes, blazer shoulders are spalla a camicia.
    Moreover, the shoulders are completley unstructured, like the rest of the jacket, and they don't have any padding at all!

11. Lanieri

Folks,

we have created a nice page for our trunk shows to keep track of who requires our presence somewhere with a trunk show, and also letting you share it with your friends and colleagues!

Basically you get all the information in one page, with a nice "hint" to our ambassador program (organize a trunk show in your city/ office, your friends get 100$ on their first purchases and you get 100$ credit on Lanieri products!).

Click HERE to access it

Feedback appreciated as usual :)

12. Lanieri

It's summer sales time at Lanieri!

Take advantage of the exclusive sales going on, up to 30% off

[​IMG]

13. klp2332

klp2332 Well-Known Member

Riccardo, the sale looks great! Definitely, very tempting!

BTW, do you have any update on the option of full canvassing?

And is there, currently, a style forum promo code at the moment?

14. Lanieri

hi!

still no updates on the full canvass option, maybe it will be available end of year/ beginning next year!

The styleforum promo code expired end of May, but even if it was active, it won't affect the already discounted price. We will create a new styleforum promotion for our next winter/autumn collection, to be launched on the 1st of September!

15. tim221

tim221 Member

Hi All--

I ordered some shirts, a tie, and a suit from Lanieri and thought I'd share the results in hopes of contributing to SF.

This post is about the shirts only.. if interest, will post info on the tie and, when it arrives, the suit.

The two shirts arrived in a solid cardboard shipping container, and inside was a pretty nice "gift box" containing the two shirts. Needless to say, everything arrived in great condition.

I took some pictures of one of the shirts, and will include those pics in this post.

I also measured the shirts and compared against the measurements I provided -- it seems most fair to compare against the measurements I submitted, vice the way the shirt looks on, since they are building to measurements not the body.

[​IMG]

The above pic is of the shirt as it came out of the box, and I used natural light from a window so this picture is most representative of the actual color -- which I really like.

[​IMG]

The above pic gives a little more detail on the collar area.

[​IMG]

And the above is the collar from the back (the shirt is upside down). There's a stray thread there, and a few others here and there.

[​IMG]

At the bottom of the shirt (above pic is after I unwrapped and spread out the shirt), there's a nice seam triangle (not sure correct terminology).

[​IMG]

The above has both sleeve plackets (think that's the right term) side by side.. (perspective makes the right one look smaller than the left one, but they are same size). Looks like on the left one they overshot the edge of the placket a bit..

[​IMG]

A pic of the sleeve placket and cuff.

[​IMG]

The above pic is of the monogramming.. (I blocked out the other initials, this is just the "T" for Tim). Overall, seems a little rough-edged (same for the other letters), and there's a little dirt/stain/mark right at the base of the "T" that hopefully will come out when I dry clean the shirt. I don't think I'd bother with monogramming in the future, if it's not crisp and clear, why bother?

The shirts were within 1/4" of the measurements I provided, so they met specs and tolerances. I also liked the cuff style (beveled, and set up for buttoning or cuff links). The material is lightweight, and feels silky smooth, so I'm a fan of the fabric. The fit is pretty good, I will need to adjust my measurements a bit to fine-tune things, but overall fits very well--definitely better than OTR.

Anyways, those are initial impressions, hope that's helpful.

Tim